Sundown Audio

Okay, I found it...

Fish Chris

9 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Id like to see this amp on the dyno, i have two 5 channel amps that make that kind of power and both are substantially bigger amps.

Both also cost a significant amount more than this amp too.

I know dd is quality stuff but the power claims here seem too good to be true.

Hey Broke Audio, what brand are your two 5 ch amps that put out this kind of power ??? I've searched high and low, and honestly, this DD 5ch is the strongest (on paper) that I have found. I'd be open to other brands that could make similar power...

I have a memphis audio mc5.1400 

And a phoenix gold elite.5

Both make less power than that dd amp claims and like I said earlier, they are much larger amps.

Neither amp is made anymore so you would have to find a used one if you want one.

Both sell for more used than that dd amp cost new if it really goes for $429 though.

I might pick up one of those dd amps in a couple months just to hsve one, i have a thing for high power output 5 channel amps.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I have a memphis audio mc5.1400 

And a phoenix gold elite.5

Both make less power than that dd amp claims and like I said earlier, they are much larger amps.

Neither amp is made anymore so you would have to find a used one if you want one.

Both sell for more used than that dd amp cost new if it really goes for $429 though.

I might pick up one of those dd amps in a couple months just to hsve one, i have a thing for high power output 5 channel amps.

That elite.5 is a great amp    i almost bought one of those for my truck

10 hours ago, ToNasty said:

That elite.5 is a great amp    i almost bought one of those for my truck

Yeah, man, I was super excited to get my hands on one, probably the best 5 channel ever made.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

4 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Yeah, man, I was super excited to get my hands on one, probably the best 5 channel ever made.

Only reason i didnt was because if FUCKING huge.  If were talking about the same one

5 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Only reason i didnt was because if FUCKING huge.  If were talking about the same one

Shes a big girl for sure.

Thats why its staying on the shelf for now.

But is it bigger than the RF Power 1000 25 to Life ??? That's a big ass beast too !

These 5 ch amps are great to keep things simple though. Especially in a small car where your just running a front and rear set of coaxoals, or even separates, in the stock spaces, and a little 8" or 10" sub in the trunk... Throw in a nice, but cheap little deck, and Bam ! It's going to sound better than dam near any stock system... In spite of the fact that some stock systems nowadays sound pretty good.

17 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

But is it bigger than the RF Power 1000 25 to Life ??? That's a big ass beast too !

These 5 ch amps are great to keep things simple though. Especially in a small car where your just running a front and rear set of coaxoals, or even separates, in the stock spaces, and a little 8" or 10" sub in the trunk... Throw in a nice, but cheap little deck, and Bam ! It's going to sound better than dam near any stock system... In spite of the fact that some stock systems nowadays sound pretty good.

Agreed. I just got an arc audio xdi 1200.6 in the mail yesterday. To bad im not gonna end up using it :(

20 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

The elite.5 is about the same size as the 25 to life, the memphis amp on the other hand is a 30" wide surfboard.

Archived