Sundown Audio

Okay, I found it...

Fish Chris

A while back I had stumbled across a really strong 5ch amp, but later, couldn't remember where I found it, or what brand it was to go look it up again ? (short term memory loss, what was I smoking ?  :) lol) Anyway, I stumbled across it again, and this time I bookmarked it. I've just been really interested in a sufficient 5ch to run front/rear mids/highs, and a single 10" or a couple 8"s, in my daily driver, for space, cost, ease of installation, etc. for a long time. So this was it;

http://ddaudio.com/products/amplifiers/d-series/d5-1500/

Id probably run it at 4 X 125 @4ohms and 1 x 1500 @1ohm. Next problem would be, where to buy the dam thing ? :( Apparently its really tough to buy it from anywhere other than an authorized dealer :( $$$$$$$$ {edit; well not too crazy... $429, Arden Audio in Sac} Anyway, what do ya'll think about this amp ?

On a separate, but related note, I just got my old RF Power 1000 25 to Life 5ch amp back from the shop (shout out to Desert Audio in Phoenix Arizona, Evans took great care of me !) And after reinstalling it, and tweaking on X-over points, gains, and deck settings, my system has never sounded so good :) Whoo Hoo :) LOVE that old amp ! Would like to step up to multiple, and LARGER amps in my truck... but the Power 1000 25 to Life is just such a big beast, it really wouldn't work very well in my current, or future little car, where the whole idea of a 5ch would be to keep it compact... and its sad to think of it being shoved into a closet.

Run it.....$429 really isn't that bad...especially for DD quality.

Sundown's 5 channel is roughly the same price but "only" puts out 500 on the sub channel.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Id like to see this amp on the dyno, i have two 5 channel amps that make that kind of power and both are substantially bigger amps.

Both also cost a significant amount more than this amp too.

I know dd is quality stuff but the power claims here seem too good to be true.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 minutes ago, DiBo said:

S&I China made and a legit amp. I know somebody local to me with one. It's a good sounding amp. Powerful lil fucker too

Any way you can test the power output on it?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Any way you can test the power output on it?

I don't know him on a personal level like that. I bought a DC original level 5 off of him a couple months back to flip and he showed me his amp and new setup when I made the purchase. He was running 4 DD 8's with it. Sounded phenomenal actually. Toyota extended cab. I see him selling on offer up every now and again. I'll ask him if he's clamped it. Dude knew his shit. Older gentleman too

1 hour ago, DiBo said:

I don't know him on a personal level like that. I bought a DC original level 5 off of him a couple months back to flip and he showed me his amp and new setup when I made the purchase. He was running 4 DD 8's with it. Sounded phenomenal actually. Toyota extended cab. I see him selling on offer up every now and again. I'll ask him if he's clamped it. Dude knew his shit. Older gentleman too

I dont think that some guy i met on the internet has one and it sounded good to me is an accurate measure of amp quality and power output.

21 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I dont think that some guy i met on the internet has one and it sounded good to me is an accurate measure of amp quality and power output.

Agreed. Im ik not mistaken those put out little change more than theyre rated    but from what zed audio said they are "noisy amps"

2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Sounded good to me. That's all I can say. After I heard it I contacted DD to ask them where it was made and they kinda broke it down for me. I was interested in the amp and did some research on it. So take that how you want. 

Archived