Driver side cutting in and out please help

Ok im going to try and explain my issue the best i can. I installed my radio and clarion eq in my 02 trailblazer. Using the basic sky high car audio rca's the twisted grey ones. Now when im listening to music the sound on the driver side only cuts in and out. I pulled the door panels back off checked connections there good. Checked my 4 channel amp and all is good there too. Then i take the radio and eq back out. Wiggled the rcas and nothing but if i wiggle some wires o hear the signal cutting out. Then i just plug the wires directly to the radio its self and it plays with out cutting out. Wired it back to the eq and it didnt do it again at all yesterday and i drove around for a few hours. Then today start it up and its back to cutting in and out again driving me nuts man. I ordered some 40 dollar stinger 4 ch rcas and i hope that will fix the issue but if not then what can be the problem? Getting to this radio requires removing the flimsy plastic panels that are a slip a way from braking. I want to take this radio out for the last time and get this issue fixed before i break something lol. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

If you bypassed the EQ and couldnt reproduce it, but it happened again after the EQ was reconnected, then that appears to be the issue. Unless i misunderstood

Ok so after messing with this issue all day here is what i got. With the eq still cuts out. Just the h.u. and it still cuts out. Replaced rcas and tried both ways again. ( to eq the just h.u) still cuts in and out. I thought it was the whole driver side but its just the front driver door giving me issues. Ugh.... i pulled the panel off and the connections were solid idk wtf it could be. The mids in the front driver and passenger doors is the deaf bounce sylvester 6.5's and they have push terminals.. im lost man im.done for today. Any idea what could be wrong?

Pull the door panel and run a direct line to the amp from the speaker without going through the door jamb and under carpet and whatnot.

Double check the speaker isn't grounding out to the doors metal frame. Put some electrical tape over the push terminals and check the wire to make sure it isn't cut from when you ran it through the door jam. 

I checked all that and its the speaker. Same wire ran from the door to the amp is working just fine with the prv mid. First time i ever got a defective item. Man this issue drove me crazy. It was a brand new apeaker so when i check the first time and saw the connections solid i just looked past it because i figured it was something else.

Check out the tinsel leads on the speaker, ive had a vad one before right from the factory on an infinity aub and it did exactly the same thing that is happening to you.

Was a poor solder job where the tinsel lead connected to the terminal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived