Dedicated AC Voltmeter?

I got the idea in my head to watch the output voltage of the amp, which is going to be AC in the range of 0-45V. Wanting to do this because I'm wiring to low impedance and so the amp will run well under clipping but still need to be careful how much power is delivered to the sub. So in watching the output voltage I can use the bass knob to keep power in the range I want it. I tried searching but can't find a good option for a dedicated meter I can hook up in the car and mount on the dash. Do you guys know any good ones?

I am wired low, 0.5 ohms on an amp that is only rated down to 1 ohm. Due to the low impedance, the output voltage is lower for the same amount of power. This means the amp will be less likely to clip, BUT there is more headroom for power now. I could burn the amp out or it could go into protect often. The solution is to limit the output power - which I can do on the fly song to song by means of a bass knob and output level meter (AC output voltage monitor). Why not measure the output current you ask? Because it's a relatively high current and would require more equipment than the voltage.

Archived