Dedicated AC Voltmeter?

You can get some bad ass blue tooth volt modules that can give you all the data right to ur phone including charging etc.

some even show power usage, current, temps  capacity, and some other shit.

some low as 40 to 50 bucks with lots of features, I assume it could connect to ur deck if it’s got BT and show all the data on screen.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

On 2/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, k58.cross said:

I am wired low, 0.5 ohms on an amp that is only rated down to 1 ohm. Due to the low impedance, the output voltage is lower for the same amount of power. This means the amp will be less likely to clip, BUT there is more headroom for power now. I could burn the amp out or it could go into protect often. The solution is to limit the output power - which I can do on the fly song to song by means of a bass knob and output level meter (AC output voltage monitor). Why not measure the output current you ask? Because it's a relatively high current and would require more equipment than the voltage.

You'd want an ammeter for that. Current's what blows the shit up, not voltage.

Impedance is all over the place, can't rely on voltage too tell you what's what

have you created an impedance vs. frequency chart?

On 2/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, SnowDrifter said:

You'd want an ammeter for that. Current's what blows the shit up, not voltage.

Impedance is all over the place, can't rely on voltage too tell you what's what

have you created an impedance vs. frequency chart?

Aye the current is the blower. But is there ever a time when you could have the same voltage as before but a different current? I figured not as long as you have a good current supply, so watch the voltage and just know what level corresponds to your wattage limit. Impedance is all over yes, but an increase in voltage is always an increase in power.

To monitor current I'd need some sort of transducer, like https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/sensors_-z-_encoders/current_-a-_voltage_sensors_(ac_-a-_dc)/current_transducers/ac_current_transducers/act050-42l-f?gclid=Cj0KCQiA14TjBRD_ARIsAOCmO9ZQkHGZG8kL9zKvoLiP1UpHcJrUhpaiO6IybKOiARkSZU7ggfwdetAaAszDEALw_wcB (bad example, doesnt do true RMS)

Then that outputs a voltage or small current, which I'd have to calculate back into my amp current...So yeah it's a bit more complicated.

Looks like the OM-1 actually just measures the output voltage.

Archived