Somethings killing my batteries

8 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

It might be worth your time to re wire your vehicle as far as the big 3 goes. Run dedicated grounds if you need to. And convert the alt to external regulator to use one of the transpo units. Get a clean slate

i .... 

fucking.......

HATE !!!!!!!

Those god damn transpo boxes...... UGH..... but, ya mate... im picking up what your putting down. 

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

i .... 

fucking.......

HATE !!!!!!!

Those god damn transpo boxes...... UGH..... but, ya mate... im picking up what your putting down. 

Can you toss a brotha a bone? Pros cons what to beware of etcetera I'd really appreciate it. I'm actually really trying to get help not just bitching about my basshead problems haha

11 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

It might be worth your time to re wire your vehicle as far as the big 3 goes. Run dedicated grounds if you need to. And convert the alt to external regulator to use one of the transpo units. Get a clean slate

You think I've possibly shorted some wiring?

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

You did an exciter bypass, any chance it's hot all the time and draining your batts?

That's definitely a strong possibility. Buddy just called. He said every code is alternator and charging level codes. One of the codes covers all kinds of shit. Asked me to bring stock unit in to put the factory plug back on and go from there. He said we're going to have to pull all kinds of fuses one by one and... Frustrated. Well, frustrating. I'm ordering the 200 amp alt today. I'll use this 320 for credit towards my 370 GM alt. I'm done playing with the factory computer. 570 amps total is plenty with a big battery bank. 

7 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

i .... 

fucking.......

HATE !!!!!!!

Hey

HEY

Don't you go talking smack about transpo!

As to the codes: Clear them. Nothing much of significance there given the charge issues. All the computers are going to be throwing a fit due to low and high voltage.
I'd expect to see the alternator related codes due to your conversion
And keep an eye on the steering angle sensor one. Difficult to tell at this point if it's erroneous or not due to the charge issues you've been having

On 2/4/2019 at 9:10 PM, DiBo said:

My alternator always showed about 14.6-14.7 on my bass knob meter. I'm sure that's not the most accurate so I'm getting a couple SMD voltage displays. I'm going to monitor everything after this fiasco. 

Nice mate,  been about 2 weeks since i ordered mine, cant wait tell i get the email telling me its mailed.  Let me know how those SMD meters compare to the ones you got (guessing cheap one).  I might pick one up. 

Almost bought one of those badass base knobs from the cartel that have an included voltmeter.  But i dont like how the knob and the meter are positioned.  Be nice if the knob and display was on the same side for mounting.  

NM looked those up,  80 dollars for a meter?  Holy crap. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived