Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

AlexanderLeet

Audison SRx 4.1 perma white noise

Hi guys. I got this amp, unfortunately when I use it on 2 channels, it has white noise even with the gain all the way down, RCAs disconnected, only the speakers connected. It is a permanent white noise, doesn’t matter if I am playing something or not. It’s present on 3 channels and 4 channels as well but it’s really quieter. 

Amplifier: https://imgur.com/a/amN7JSW

White noise sound: 

Have you tried to hook up a speaker near the amp?  If not, try that, it is possible that your speakers wires are picking up noise somewhere.

If you get noise a foot from the amp, with no rca's connected, and the gain all the way down, I think the amp is jacked. 

Yeah, I tried this amp in my house using a PC power supply so yeah, haven’t put it in my car yet. Weird thing is that it only has this loud white noise when it’s put on 2 channels...

Could be damaged mosfets or it’s not fixable?

I’ve always been told to never power up an amplifier without RCAs and a source unit. Open inputs will do what they are told ... amplify. It is considered a “closed loop” system. Hook up a radio to your amplifier and retest.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I tried using my phone, so with RCAs connected, still the same, music is playing without problem, but that noise is permanent, like I said.

I’m gonna hook this amp to my car’s battery and head unit and see if it’s the same.