Dudeogo's Mazdaspeed 3 Build

Starting the build log for my 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. A lot of parts are arriving so I figure now is a good time to start. Right now I've got in hand 8 Unlawful Sounds 8" mids, 6 Unlawful Sounds super tweeters, Pioneer AVH4200NEX, 15" B2 XM15, and a Alphard Machete 80.4. Still coming are sub amps (Undecided), 2 more super tweeters to complete the set of 8, a machete 150.4, Team GP Alternator, and enough NorthStar power to keep the lights on! Starting the work on the custom panels possibly tonight. Will update with pictures as work progresses. Installed 4 of the mid in very temporary locations and I am very happy with them. Unlawful makes a good product. Seem to be the exact same as the B2 rage series. 

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

Down to picking between the Soundigital EVO5000 or the Alphard Apocalypse AAB4800 amp wise. Not sure which way to go they're both nice amps. Alphard is a little bit more.

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Just thought I'd make a post detailing all of the performance work done to the car. 

• Corksport Stage 2 Rear Motor Mount
  • Corksport Passenger Motor Mount
  • Corksport Transmission Mount
  • Corksport High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • Corksport Short Shifter
  • COBB Intake
  • COBB Acessport V3 (Tuned)
  • GPlus Turbo  Inlet Pipe
  • CPe EGR Delete
  • JDM PROSPORT Front Mount intercooler
  • Custom 3" Catless Exhaust with Turbo XS Muffler 
  • 10" Wide 17" Rims, Unknown brand but made in Italy so would assume they are OZ
  • 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s
  • YellowSpeed Coilovers

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j89H53VA2FtfPsRf8

progress on the door panels today! Just waiting on my roll of fiberglass I ordered to show up!

Waiting on my fiberglass and resin to come in. Anything I should know about sunflash before I use it? this will be my first go around with fiberglass

• 4 weeks later...

First layer of glass on the doors. Not bad for my first time but a lot of cleaning to do on them! Soundigital 5k is in the mail right now headed my way. Build is coming together. Door update photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAGx8QmtJNkrzfMm8

Doing some sanding and filling on the drivers side door today. Missing a few parts still on the passenger but they are in the mail. Just picked up a Northstar group 31 for a crazy deal ($100) and still in warranty! Got a line on another used one for a similar price so hopping on that for sure. Will be getting all my wires and my alternator from GP soon. They are local so will probably just pick up what I need to get going faster! 5K will be here monday.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s827FAMTTWQnvFuo7

SounDigital 5K arrived today courtesy of Andrew, owner of Adire Audio. Great guy, great transaction experience. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZHJwhHPEk2hDNykq8

^^ mids and highs test on low power. That’s one of my doors, so 4 unlawful sounds 8s and 4 unlawful sounds tweets on a Zeus 1000.4 the team had lying around. Pretty good for low power! Just needed to hear them to stay motivated on the cosmetics!

Archived