Sundown Audio

Actual output varies with impedance rise and voltage drop. As long as you keep the voltage at 12.8 or higher you'll get that 2000watts.

Wasen't one of your a refurb? hows it holding up

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

How about a refurb 1500 at .5 ohm backed by a d3100 stock battery and 200 amp alternator? think it will be enough? i dont want to take a chance blowing this amp.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

It's also critical to set the gains right on the SAZ series amps - especially @ under 1 ohm.

Since the SAZ amps can produce well in excess of their rated power @ voltages over 14.4 volts they can't have an over-current protection anywhere near the rated power. Therefore, the amp will continue to play well into clipping and power levels that can lead to damage without shutting off or giving warning. About 90% of the SAZ line amps that come back for warranty have the gain and/or bass boost at maximum levels, many of them being ran at 1/2 ohm or less on top of that.

On the contrary, the new SAE line will have such protection so will be easier for people to set up and avoid damage. At around ~33% over rated power (1600 watts) the SAE-1200D goes into a 5 second protection so you know you need to change your settings.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg