Second Skin Audio

Behind console box for 2 SA6.5sw

gmoxley1

What's going on everyone. Ive got a very small build going on for my daily truck with a small box that will sit right behind the console of my 06 tundra. Since it has to sit over the drive shaft hump the outer most pieces have to be extra long to compensate for the space taken by the hump. If anyone has any suggestions for box programs for MAC i can do this on my own I think but help is always appreciated. I will try to attach a picture of a rough estimate of what the box will look like when completed in sketchup. The subs face down that way if someone sits in the rear on either side of the box they cant accidentally kick the sub or touch it really in any way. Also I'm not sure about port to the side, as shown in sketchup, or port down with the subs. Subs are sundown audio SA6.5's. recommended enclosure of .25 - .35 cuft per sub. power will be approximately 500 watts to the pair.

Max dimensions for the whole box are 

Height: 13.25" (give or take a quarter inch) keep in mind that this is including the legs that hold the box up over the driveshaft hump and the hump at the tallest point is 2 3/8" tall

width:19.5"

depth:8.25" (maybe 8.5 but it would be a squeeze)

if any other info is needed please feel free to ask.

Greg.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 12.55.26 PM.png

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

On 2/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, gmoxley1 said:

What's going on everyone. Ive got a very small build going on for my daily truck with a small box that will sit right behind the console of my 06 tundra. Since it has to sit over the drive shaft hump the outer most pieces have to be extra long to compensate for the space taken by the hump. If anyone has any suggestions for box programs for MAC i can do this on my own I think but help is always appreciated. I will try to attach a picture of a rough estimate of what the box will look like when completed in sketchup. The subs face down that way if someone sits in the rear on either side of the box they cant accidentally kick the sub or touch it really in any way. Also I'm not sure about port to the side, as shown in sketchup, or port down with the subs. Subs are sundown audio SA6.5's. recommended enclosure of .25 - .35 cuft per sub. power will be approximately 500 watts to the pair.

Max dimensions for the whole box are 

Height: 13.25" (give or take a quarter inch) keep in mind that this is including the legs that hold the box up over the driveshaft hump and the hump at the tallest point is 2 3/8" tall

width:19.5"

depth:8.25" (maybe 8.5 but it would be a squeeze)

if any other info is needed please feel free to ask.

Greg.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 12.55.26 PM.png

Only one for MAC I ever seen was MacSpeakerz which isnt around I don’t think unless you can find a download somewhere for it. Your best option which would be highly recommended if you want to do it yourself is to get bootcamp and install windows and go from there.

Archived