Second Skin Audio

SQ sub for 2018 300

hyg71886

Hey everyone this is my first car I've bought and I'd like to do the system right. I was in a Lexus ls400 back in 05 that was sound dampened with 2 JL audio w6's in the trunk. I haven't heard any other customers setup but I felt the bass in my stomach and it set car alarms off when ever we drove by. I was amazed. I want a similar setup, controlled but hits hard and accurately.

I've read about the fi q ferrite sub but I don't know much about it other then what I've read. I know it can be customized. I was also looking at the sa12. I'm stuck between those to and the JL w6. The other two are cheaper but I'd rather spend more and have a great quality setup. I also need to have a custom sealed sub box made but I figured I can get into that in another thread. I appreciate any guidance anyone can provide. I listen to rap, hip hop, rock, rnb, slot of gospel and Christian rock.

You have ran JL before and if you where total happy with them then run them again. FI makes some great subs and would be my choice over a SA in the SQ department. Keep in mind that its more in the prep for a good sounding system than the equipment IMO. Do your research, take your time to come up with a plan and equipment list and then execute them in order of priority.

Good luck and keep us posted. Start a build log also so we can follow your progress. 

Doesn’t sound like you’re looking for a Sound Quality sub to me  ... Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I’ve done a good amount of research. I think I might pick new speakers though what I have planned is as follows

Amps

JL Audio Slash 300/4v3 JL Audio 1200/1v3

Dual Amp Wire kit Speakers Focal ISC 690 Focal ISU 690 w/ tweeters 16 guage speaker wire 100ft Sub JL AUDIO CS212G-W6V3
Sound system battery XS Power XP750SE 750A 12V AGM Battery/Power Cell + AKR4 4 Gauge Wire Kit XP750
Sound Dampening (4)Noico 80 mil 36 sqft
Tools Trim Removal Tool Set & Clip Plier Upholstery Fastener Remover Back strap for tweeters

On 2/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, White Lightning said:

Doesn’t sound like you’re looking for a Sound Quality sub to me  ... Just Saying 

What makes you say that? I don't care about setting off car alarms or being heard a block away. You couldn't hear the setup in the lexus from a block away but you felt it when you were outside the car a few feet away. To me car audio is meant to be heard inside your car not by everyone else which is why I am having the entire car sound dampened not just the trunk. The subwoofer in my theater room is a Power Sound Audio V1510There were other manufactures I could have gone with but there were several reasons I went with him. 1- The company is in Ohio and the put to gather and test everything in house. 2- I talked directly two the owner the entire time. The sub was about 1200 and I could have went with another company and gotten two subs for that price but his customer service and quality control is unrivaled. I don't mind paying for quality or for supporting people who charge a little more because they keep it in the states. I know JL makes quality stuff, I heard other people say good things about the other subs though so I thought hey if it sounds as good as the JL why not.

Archived