Sonic Electronix

I'm in the process of finding a new car and trying to plan out the build. Looking at a 10-13 Mazda 3 hatchback. I'm trying to decide if I should just reuse my system from my truck or sell it and start over. The system has been good but looking to get maybe a little more out of it bass wise. I'm dead set on doing an 8" sub again either the SA-8 v3 or X-8.

Right now system is 

Pioneer AVH-x4700BS Headunit, keeping

Front speaker Polk audio DB 6.5 components, no complaints so will probably keep

Rear Speaker Polk audio DB 6.5 coaxial, no complaints may keep or get the 6x8 for the rear doors of the mazda

Amp NVX JAD 900.5 again no complaints but only seeing 70w x 4 and 440w x1 at 2ohm

Sub Sundown Audio SD3 10", no problems but sub is in a under seat box. I originally planned to sell it and get a SA-8 v3.

Basically I know the ported sa-8v3 will have more punch than the under seat 10. So there is that or I could upgrade the amp, sticking with a 5-channel, I was looking at the Hifonics Brutus BRX5016.5

only 65w per speaker but 750w x 1 at 2ohm or the Soundstream T5.2500DL 75w per speaker and 750w x1 at 1ohm. Getting either one of those amps and running an x-8. Would the x-8 on 750w over power the polk speakers. I'm really just looking to get some low end, keep an 8", 5-channel amp, and not have to get new speakers. What's some options here. Just getting the sa-8 would be the cheapest, would getting the x-8 and new amp be that big of a difference at $250-300 more? Thanks in advance.

Archived