Ditching dual inputs for single runs of 2/0ga?

I got another Apocalypse AAK40001D and was thinking of ditching dual inputs for 2  2/0ga wires per amp. Total of 4 positives and 4 negatives between the 2 amps. 2/0ga is rated for 400+ amps per run and more per short run. Anybody see a problem with this? I don't really see a reason to have the dual inputs. Going with sky high 2/ 0 gauge. 

You can do whatever you want is the beauty of this hobby. 

Do you already have 3 runs of 0 gauge ? If so do they go into a rear batt bank? Then you could probably just do two 0 gauge runs into each amp and it’d be fine. 

If you wanted to be ready for future upgrades use four runs of 2/0 like you said if you want but a single 2/0 run would be enough for each amp. The fuse rating is 350 A

——————————

They make reducers to fit the 0 gauge inputs on amps with 2/0 or bigger. If you go the 2/0 route get some, I bet it’ll make your life a hell of a lot easier down the road. 

Since your a fan of sky high wire, same here, here’s a link to their reducers, quite pricey though. http://skyhighcaraudio.com/search.php?search_query_adv=Reducer

53 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

You can do whatever you want is the beauty of this hobby. 

Do you already have 3 runs of 0 gauge ? If so do they go into a rear batt bank? Then you could probably just do two 0 gauge runs into each amp and it’d be fine. 

If you wanted to be ready for future upgrades use four runs of 2/0 like you said if you want but a single 2/0 run would be enough for each amp. The fuse rating is 350 A

——————————

They make reducers to fit the 0 gauge inputs on amps with 2/0 or bigger. If you go the 2/0 route get some, I bet it’ll make your life a hell of a lot easier down the road. 

Since your a fan of sky high wire, same here, here’s a link to their reducers, quite pricey though. http://skyhighcaraudio.com/search.php?search_query_adv=Reducer

3 runs from front battery to rear bank? I also meant single runs of 2/0 to each input. Amp has two positive and two grounds. I ordered a Mechman 370 amp alternator to be my secondary alt but the bracket is $649 and I won't get that till taxes land. When that happens I'll have 3 1/0 gauge runs front to back straight from my alternator or front battery delete distribution. Navi getting 4 Apocalypse 4ks on 4-15's most likely. 6-15's if I go B-pillar. Truck will be SPL full blown by the end of this year. Rt now money is tight as some skinny jeans on my uncle Eddy lol. Trying to save anywhere I can without sacrificing performance. 

Archived