Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for replacement after I got robbed

W3BL4Z3D4NK

So this last Friday I was robbed of my subwoofers. Nothing special, just two Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 subs running off a Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000.1 amplifier (I still have everything but the subs). I'm looking to get a new pair of subs for my 2009 Acura TL and was open to suggestions. I'm not looking to get to crazy in my budget but I'm looking to stay in the 1000w @1ohm (total) range. I honestly like the way the Apline Type R sound and I have one in my work car ported at around 34hz that slams pretty good but I'm  ot set on buying a pair just yet. But anything in the same price range is fine by me. I'm also running this all off a stock system tuned through a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 DSP (that I'm beginning to hate for tuning reasons) and am also looking to get it tuned nicely for whatever I get if anyone can help with that. My door speakers arent the best out there but I have Polk Audio DB series all around for mids and highs also running off a 4ch Rockford Fosgate amplifier. Anyways any help all around is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Fucked up someone would steal a mans subs. 

Are you wanting to stay with dual 12s or go to a single 15?

2 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Fucked up someone would steal a mans subs. 

Are you wanting to stay with dual 12s or go to a single 15?

I'd like to stay with 12s due to more cone area and trunk symmetry but I'm open to options if you've got any suggestions. Btw they also stole about 3k worth of tools from my outside storage closet. Shits whack.

50 minutes ago, Ahmed Johnson said:

How much you trying to spend? I bought the entry level line of resilient sounds subs and I'm pleased with them. I paid 220 for both.

I'm thinking of spending about 500ish. Being two subs I could always do like 250 or 300 now and 250 or 300 later. But no matter what I'm building the box myself so i can get the best output for my money.

Somebody came into my garage a few weeks ago and stole my tools and Porter Cable plunge router. Had me foaming at the mouth angry. Look into a single U series 12 or 15. Very clean sounding woofer. I did a 145db on a single 15. Cone area is very misleading, damn near myth. My single u15 was louder than two type r 12's on same power. U series sounds very similar to zv3. 

28 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Somebody came into my garage a few weeks ago and stole my tools and Porter Cable plunge router. Had me foaming at the mouth angry. Look into a single U series 12 or 15. Very clean sounding woofer. I did a 145db on a single 15. Cone area is very misleading, damn near myth. My single u15 was louder than two type r 12's on same power. U series sounds very similar to zv3. 

More power than he needs but then he could upgrade his amp at a later time and add more batt power. Good idea. I run a Deaf Bonce DB-SA2712 which is 1700Wrms, wonder how it compares to the Sundown U-Series.

2 hours ago, k58.cross said:

More power than he needs but then he could upgrade his amp at a later time and add more batt power. Good idea. I run a Deaf Bonce DB-SA2712 which is 1700Wrms, wonder how it compares to the Sundown U-Series.

Very similar sound as the U series. I've heard these in person. That sa27 is actually a damn good driver. I just don't like the basket and smaller push terminals. Excellent sound and RMS IMO

For the record I'm not too fond of the U series basket either but you can't have everything when buying high RMS more budget-friendly subs. And that deaf bonce woofer cost less than the U series

Archived