Will it fit???

Orderd a d3100 and didn’t even think to see if it would fit under the hood.  Been searching around and some say yes others say no.  Seen someone say I can if u mod it.  Anyone know exactly what I would need to mod??

2005 Chevy Tahoe.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Some of those batteries have an optional mounting bracket you can order off xs power to hold it all snug 

It'll fit on the drivera side battery tray but you have to modify the tray a little.

A d3400 will fit in the passenger side tray just fine, but a d3100 wont fit there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

19 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

It'll fit on the drivera side battery tray but you have to modify the tray a little.

A d3400 will fit in the passenger side tray just fine, but a d3100 wont fit there.

Good to know thanks, and on the passenger side, that's up against the firewall below the hood hinge?  Looking at it i dont think i could fit something but ill measure tomorrow. 

Yeah, below that cross brace right next to where the hood hinge is, GM actually sells a battery tray that fits that location.

GM 15246518 should be the right part number but you might wanna do some research to verify that it is the right part number for you, you gotta buy the bolt and hold down seperately, or go junkyard shopping and getbit all out of another truck.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I haven't a clue whats going on with that highlighted section in my reply, lol.

2007 Tahoe same 5.3L motor.

D3400 main battery tray (passenger side)

D3100 secondary battery tray (drivers side)

I have pics in my build log way back from 13'

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Battery hold down is part number 14005061. D3400 on both sides of engine bay in my 03 tahoe. Save the 3100 for the rear bank ;)

Thanks, everyone,  it got here last night and OMG, about broke my back bringing it in.   Theres about 1 foot of snow out right now, wish i had a garage lol.  Really wanna install it but might be hard in the snow. 

16 hours ago, reedal said:

Battery hold down is part number 14005061. D3400 on both sides of engine bay in my 03 tahoe. Save the 3100 for the rear bank ;)

I might do that, i think i got a 78ah under the hood right now, not sure what kind or if i should just take it out and not use it.  

Archived