Sonic Electronix

So I installed an LC2i in my wife's car to try and add a set of Alpine Type R 12s and an Alpine 1000w monoblock but it seems to be feeding the amp a bad signal or something. Got the LC2i hooked up to the rear deck speakers and the subs just dont hit that hard at all and when I try to increase the gains they sound distorted. I went and bought I cheap LOC to see if it was just a bad LC2i but the results really arent that different. Anyone have any experience or advice on what to do to get her car (with stock beats audio) sounding better with her new subs and amp? I tried the subs out on my aftermarket head unit in my lancer and they sounded great.

Also thought I might add that the LC2i "maximized" light doesnt come on until I've turned the "gain" nob on the LC2i all the way up. Almost like the signal I'm giving it needs to be "enhanced" that much to output a solid level for the amplifier... any help would be greatly appreciated folks. Thanks in advance.

Theres a chance one of your speaker wires going to the loc is backwards. Also being a beats setup there should be a sub in the trunk. 

But first try disconnecting one rca going to the amp if it sounds the same or better then you have a speaker wire backwards going to the loc. Also double check wiring inside the box to be sure its wired properly. Also pics would help

1 hour ago, KCK Jukebox said:

Theres a chance one of your speaker wires going to the loc is backwards. Also being a beats setup there should be a sub in the trunk. 

But first try disconnecting one rca going to the amp if it sounds the same or better then you have a speaker wire backwards going to the loc. Also double check wiring inside the box to be sure its wired properly. Also pics would help

I just read that in another forum and it sounds very possible considering I didnt do much searching to find the correct +/- wiring diagram for the rear deck speakers. I'm hoping that's the issue but I'll get back to you tomorrow either way to give you an update 👍

4 hours ago, CrackFactory said:

You need to get signal from the sub out of your factory amp. The amp is umder the dash on the driver side. The sub output is in a black 16 pin plug. Gray with brown stripe is positive and dark green with brown stripe is negative. I hope this helps.

I tried hooking into the stock subwoofer wiring from where the beats sub was in the trunk (same wire colors as you've provided) Is that not the same thing? When I did that I got very very little output. I didnt even think the subs were on until I turned everything to max. That's why I ended up going with the rear deck speakers for signal.

I did this also when doing a dodge mega cab that had factory sub.  I used the PAC sni-35 on the amp sub outputs and worked great.  no problems or issues.  so if you have the factory sub you can always get the signal from near the sub and not have to deal with getting behind the dash to get to the factory amp.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived