WOOT it's finally here!! MECHMAN FTW

1 hour ago, Dragonsyph said:

After about a month its finally here.  382 at 1800 seems pretty good. 

5tpft7a.jpg

Best to use lugs with the exact same size eye hole as the bolt on the unit?  Or is a 1/2 eye let hole lug fine?

The closer the eye hole to the size of the bolt the better. Go on Amazon and type in 1 gauge copper lugs. You'll see a ton of different options on there. 

Ya i was just reading the info that came with it, says to use exact fit.  Ill check out amazon thanks. Im using skyhigh 1/0 OFC so i should search for 2/0 lugs on amazon?  Pretty sure i asked this already but ya lol. 

These seem pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/Ga-Stud-Copper-Lugs-Pack/dp/B00O7S7TDC/ref=pd_day0_hl_60_4/147-1415855-0975340?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00O7S7TDC&pd_rd_r=b7afe07a-33fd-11e9-9d2e-0fc38172c640&pd_rd_w=MCmPC&pd_rd_wg=xrxob&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=TDHRDQQ2ARVDXBGF0Z21&psc=1&refRID=TDHRDQQ2ARVDXBGF0Z21

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

7 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Ya i was just reading the info that came with it, says to use exact fit.  Ill check out amazon thanks. Im using skyhigh 1/0 OFC so i should search for 2/0 lugs on amazon?  Pretty sure i asked this already but ya lol. 

1/0 gauge lugs fit sky high pretty well. 2/0 gauge lugs are are pretty big. 

4 minutes ago, DiBo said:

1/0 gauge lugs fit sky high pretty well. 2/0 gauge lugs are are pretty big. 

Ok thanks mate.  Ill try that 1/0 lugs on the altenator see how it fits and go from there. 

You think getting tinned copper is the way to go?  Or does it even matter?  Only like 2 dollars more for tinned. 

You ordered the same alternator right?  You get self-regulated?  I got self reg with set voltage of 14.9. 

On 2/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, Dragonsyph said:

Ok thanks mate.  Ill try that 1/0 lugs on the altenator see how it fits and go from there. 

You think getting tinned copper is the way to go?  Or does it even matter?  Only like 2 dollars more for tinned. 

You ordered the same alternator right?  You get self-regulated?  I got self reg with set voltage of 14.9. 

Mine is going in as a secondary so it'll be self exciting. I don't like the chime my Navi gives in the dash area every couple of miles with my Singer 320 so I'm going down to a 200amp with factory plug that'll stop that and my Mechman 370 in parallel. 570 will be plenty for 12k with a lot of reserve. 

35 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Mine is going in as a secondary so it'll be self exciting. I don't like the chime my Navi gives in the dash area every couple of miles with my Singer 320 so I'm going down to a 200amp with factory plug that'll stop that and my Mechman 370 in parallel. 570 will be plenty for 12k with a lot of reserve. 

Nice mate, im very excited, i bet you are too.  Been over a foot of snow out and i dont have a garage so its kept me from installing everything.  Iv got everything bought except a nice b knob and the subwoofer.  After like 8 months of saving and buying its getting close to the end.  Cant wait to do install and take pics and show it off. 

3 minutes ago, DiBo said:

What sub are you going with? Alternator before sub= recipe for success btw. My truck had a alternator in it before I put speakers a head unit amplifier Etc

Sundown NSV4 18" in about a 7.2cub  box tuned to about 28-29 herz.   Ya this time around im making sure electrical is all done first.  I never realized how much i needed a HO alt and high AH bats.  Live and learn haha. 

I got an Orion 8k v2.  Was planning on doing two NSV4, but for now im just doing 1 and wiring it to 2ohm load on the amp.  Ill still have to be very careful because 2ohm is still like 6000 watts from amp.  Def will have to set the gain much lower, try to keep it at around 3500-4000 watts.

Then down the road when i get more cash, do 2 subs wired down to 1ohm on the 8k amp. 

Archived