Sonic Electronix

Added a 3rd amp/sub and now system is quieter?

1 minute ago, RSmass said:

Is there a specific type of relay to use?

https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/car-audio-products/turn-on-relay-kits/

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you post pics of this install?

Somtimes pics can help us spot problems you may be overlooking aside from the obvious one's.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Define professional audio shop?

Because no professional audio shop would do such an install.

Are all the subs sharing the same airspace inside the enclosure as well?

Mismatched as in one 2k and one 1k on different subs in the same enclosure.

Just Because you bought it new doesnt mean you used it right, just saying.

It was an audioshop with great reviews on google. my definition of professionals are people who are in the business of doing such work.

I am not sure if they are all sharing the same airspace or not. I have no clue how he built it. All I know is he built it for it to fit perfectly in my trunk.

1 minute ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Can you post pics of this install?

Somtimes pics can help us spot problems you may be overlooking aside from the obvious one's.

Yeah, pics will be posted tomorrow. I am going to try and do the relay on the remote, and see if that fixes anything, if it doesn't i'll take pics tomorrow and show how everything is connected.

2 minutes ago, RSmass said:

Mids and highs get quieter also.

Yes, full volume. Measured when notes hit and everything, ran into a issue with power in my Porsche before and I solved it with the fluke, upgraded the charging system and added batteries.

Is there a specific type of relay to use?

Relay wise you shouldn’t need that beefy of one. They come in packs at an autozone or your equivalent usually. I think their 4 pinned relays or 5 can’t remember. 

Check out this video. Adding a relay is straight forward but wiring it right just takes some knowledge. 

1 minute ago, RSmass said:

It was an audioshop with great reviews on google. my definition of professionals are people who are in the business of doing such work.

I am not sure if they are all sharing the same airspace or not. I have no clue how he built it. All I know is he built it for it to fit perfectly in my trunk.

Just Because someone does it for a living doesnt make them a pro.

Most car audio shops do hack jobs at best and some do downright dangerous shit.

It needs to be built specific to the subs requirements first and foremost.

Not just to fit the trunk.

2 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Just Because someone does it for a living doesnt make them a pro.

Most car audio shops do hack jobs at best and some do downright dangerous shit.

It needs to be built specific to the subs requirements first and foremost.

Not just to fit the trunk.

Yeah, that is true, one "Audio shop" which had decent reviews on google, ran the powerwire through the door in my buddy's Malibu. Also mismatched gauge wire, and power wire wasn't fused. 

I do not know anything about building boxes, I myself thought having a mismatched sub would throw everything off, but the guy at the shop said he was sure it wouldn't if the box was done correctly. I was originally going to buy a 3rd type R and have 3 type R's. I may still do this.

You're daisy-chaining three different model amps off of one single source output on your HU, correct? I believe you are providing too big of a load on a single low voltage source. A line driver to bring the line voltage up may help.

Archived