Sonic Electronix

I'm kind of a noob need help

I got a pair of ''JBL P1220D D2'' two of them. It's hard to find proper information about the subwoofers. I need to know what type of amp I really need to get the full power out of the subwoofers I'm looking for power.

I'm still pretty new to this so I'm not an expert

o4WLvVC.jpgSoXiqvj.jpg

Unfortunately you limited your power options by using dual 2 ohm subwoofers. You can only wire this pair into a final ohm load of either 2 or 8 since I’m guessing your electrical won’t handle a 0.5 ohm load, also that low can cause your amp to be damaged. 

————————————

Here is a tool for seeing how to wire a subwoofer to a nominal ohm load (before the subs begin to move) aka what your amp sees

https://rockfordfosgate.com/support/wiring-wizard/

wiring diagrams for two dual 2 ohm subwoofers

F3-DE80-F7-CF23-4-BA9-9-B8-D-BACFF845-B0

——————————

Those subs are rated at 400 watts rms and 1600 watts max. The important number is rms. With two you want to find an amp that will power each sub at atleast 3/4 power imo but preferably you over power the subs since the impedance rise will lower the output of the amp anyways to its rated 4 ohm usually. 

Therefore you need atleast (400 + 400) * .75= 600 and at most (400 + 400)*1.25= 1000

——————————

brand wise there are tons to name off that are good quality imo. DC, JL, Rockford Fosgate, sundown, crescendo, etc. 

here is one that’s a decent price for 800 watts rms at 2 ohms and is stable at 1 ohms if you ever switch subs

Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T0YAMG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XnHBCb02XFDFA

sorry kinda long but hope this helps explain some things

On 2/20/2019 at 10:00 PM, Joshdashef said:

Unfortunately you limited your power options by using dual 2 ohm subwoofers. You can only wire this pair into a final ohm load of either 2 or 8 since I’m guessing your electrical won’t handle a 0.5 ohm load, also that low can cause your amp to be damaged. 

————————————

Here is a tool for seeing how to wire a subwoofer to a nominal ohm load (before the subs begin to move) aka what your amp sees

https://rockfordfosgate.com/support/wiring-wizard/

wiring diagrams for two dual 2 ohm subwoofers

F3-DE80-F7-CF23-4-BA9-9-B8-D-BACFF845-B0

——————————

Those subs are rated at 400 watts rms and 1600 watts max. The important number is rms. With two you want to find an amp that will power each sub at atleast 3/4 power imo but preferably you over power the subs since the impedance rise will lower the output of the amp anyways to its rated 4 ohm usually. 

Therefore you need atleast (400 + 400) * .75= 600 and at most (400 + 400)*1.25= 1000

——————————

brand wise there are tons to name off that are good quality imo. DC, JL, Rockford Fosgate, sundown, crescendo, etc. 

here is one that’s a decent price for 800 watts rms at 2 ohms and is stable at 1 ohms if you ever switch subs

Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T0YAMG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XnHBCb02XFDFA

sorry kinda long but hope this helps explain some things

Is the Pioneer GM-D8601 I have this amplifier is this a good one or I should get another one?

The Pioneer amp is a Class D 1600 watt single Channel would it be better then the Rockford Fosgate.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8601-Class-Amplifier-Remote/dp/B00CFX58YI

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D8601

The Rockford amp I linked will give you 800 watts rms at 2 ohms while the pioneer you link only does 500 at 2 ohms. 

Since you can’t run at 1 ohm then you should get the most power you can at 2 ohms. 

One of those amps with the regulated power that does same watts at 1 or 2 ohm like the bcp rockfords might be a good choice but there are costly

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I have a Lexus es300h 2015 with the non Mark Levinson factory audio. It's sounds OK... But I need more base. Is there anyway to upgrade the stock 8inch woofer In the rear deck? This hybrid has half a trunk... So I'm trying to save space with the stock location. Any suggestions or thoughts on this are welcome. I understand that the stock system is powered by factory amps hidden in the car somewhere. I know I will have to grab a full range speaker signal to feed a new amp for a more powerful sub.... Any info or advice on this?

Thanks

On 2/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Raf415 said:

I have a Lexus es300h 2015 with the non Mark Levinson factory audio. It's sounds OK... But I need more base. Is there anyway to upgrade the stock 8inch woofer In the rear deck? This hybrid has half a trunk... So I'm trying to save space with the stock location. Any suggestions or thoughts on this are welcome. I understand that the stock system is powered by factory amps hidden in the car somewhere. I know I will have to grab a full range speaker signal to feed a new amp for a more powerful sub.... Any info or advice on this?

Thanks

You have to make your own posts replying to this one won't really get you anything in terms of response was not enough people looking at it.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Raf415 said:

Thanks

Read deck subs suck no way to get good bass. Get a all in one subwoofer setup if you want simple. Rockford has some and they are nice 

Archived