Sundown Audio

Are these worth $70 and $90 dollars?

Dragonsyph

Been looking at all the custom Bass Knobs and i was just wondering if they are even worth it?  Ones im looking at right now are the SHCA ones and the 90% dollar one has a Volt meter.

Being how the knob and the meter are on different sides these units im guessing are just to be set in your mid console and then be used while in hand?>  Cant really mount them.

SHCA COLOR LED BASS KNOB WITH VOLTMETER AND LEADS

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

They Look fancy and all but not worth the money in my opinion.

Pac-lc1 gets the job done and cost $8 on Amazon.

Those expensive knobs dont work any different than the lc1 does, they just look fancy.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

They Look fancy and all but not worth the money in my opinion.

Pac-lc1 gets the job done and cost $8 on Amazon.

Those expensive knobs dont work any different than the lc1 does, they just look fancy.

This is probably a stupid question but does the RCA ends matter?  Like the cheap ones vs the pro ones with what they call tiffany rcas.  I was just wondering this because i thought it would make sense to get the Tiffany ones since the main RCAs and the amp rcas are all Tiffany. 

Wont make amy difference that's worth spending the extra $62+ on.

Looks is pretty much all you're gaining.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

11 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Wont make amy difference that's worth spending the extra $62+ on.

Looks is pretty much all you're gaining.

I figured just wanted to make sure.  You seem to know alot about this so im gonna throw another question at ya lol. 

My amp has a Remote Gain Control knob, and i planned on not using it and using an RCA bass knob.   To my understanding, the amp one will adjust the amps gain? And the RCA one messes with the preamp voltage?  

If my statement is correct then i wouldn't wanna use the one that comes with the amp, i would wanna set the gain with a DD1 with the RCA knob to max then use that?

Manual says Remote Gain input _ Connects remote gain control to control the bass level. 

Bit confusing to me.

9 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

If your amp comes with a knob why bother buying another one?

Thats what im confused on.  Amp one says its a gain knob so wouldent that adjust the gain?  My 18 is rated for 3000 watts but ill have it wired to 2ohm on the amp, amp is rated 5900 watts at 2ohm, so i def need to set the gain to get around 3500 watts from amp.  So im hesatant on using a knob that messes with the gain.  

Thats why i was asking about it, and just thought if i set the gain with and RCA knob to max, then i could just use the RCA knob and never go over the 3500 watts.  Or am i wrong?

Remote gain knobs that come with amps typically use the amp gain setting as the max level and lets you lower it from that point. So your gain knob at max level is equal current gain setting on the amp.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

22 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Remote gain knobs that come with amps typically use the amp gain setting as the max level and lets you lower it from that point. So your gain knob at max level is equal current gain setting on the amp.

Aww, that makes sense, was trying to find info on it in the manual but didn't.  Thanks for the information.  I think i screwed up then lol, i bought a 3 foot and 12 foot RCA to do the knob.  

Looks like Sky High is doing the same thing SPL Cartel is doing  just charging more.  I have the mini grenade from spl cartel and love it.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived