Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing a beefy 8" sub

Radcman7

Looking to get a single 8" had a sundown audio sa-8v1 a few years back. I'm really dead set on a single 8. I'm running a nvx jad900.5 5 channel amp. Pushing 450w at 2ohm. Looking for some opinions. Alot of the the 8s are pretty close like the sa-8 v3 and skar vvx-8v3, or the ma-8. Also looked at soundqubed, DC audio, ct audio. I'm pretty open, running all nvx speakers on 70w, if that helps.

What the fuck is up with all these “verses” threads ???

wheres the moderation in this joint ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Get the new NSV4 8” Sundown is coming out with, uses same neo mag as all the NSV4s so it might be a 3000 rms 8”.  Probly 900 dollars though.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Nsv4 is the best sub I've owned to date....and I've owned ALOT of subs....I beat mine like government mules and they take it all day 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

3 hours ago, kalilac619 said:

Nsv4 is the best sub I've owned to date....and I've owned ALOT of subs....I beat mine like government mules and they take it all day 

I dig night shades. All versions. I,.. myself wouldnt ever run a 8" driver (for bottom end, mid range door shit, sure lol) . But I can get down on some NS swag for sure. If my head wasnt so far up Scott and Dan's assholes at Fi , that's what I'd run for shiz. 

Archived