Klipsch RSB-8 or RSB-11

I currently have a LG soundbar and am pleased for the most part but i've had it for like 6+ years and the wireless sub goes out intermittently.

I want to replace it with something a little more substantial. I'm looking at the Klipsch RSB-8 and RSB-11.

From what I can tell....the main difference is the wireless sub. The 8 has a 6.5" down firing sub and the 11 has a  8" side firing sub. The 8 is 60W total and the 11 is 165W total.

Is a side firing sub going to get as low as a down firing? Does the 165W total wash out the 60W system? There is a $100 difference between the two. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I have a self powered Klipsch downward firing sub and at the time of purchase it was a $200 difference between a 10" and the 12" so I opted to just go with a 10" since it was hooked to a TV and was only for movies and not music and to be honest this thing has blown my expectations.  I now use it for music and it is LOUD in my opinion.  I couldn't be happier.  Granted I would have loved the 12" even more but I am in no way dissatisfied with the 10".  Louder than I though it would be, clean, plenty loud overall, etc. etc.  If money is tight get the 8".  It also depends what your end use is for it.  How much do you like bass at home?  Music?  movies?  etc.  Not sure if this helps you at all or not.  Is the subs were oriented the same I would go for the 11" but that is just me.  Since they arent then I am not sure...sorry

Oh I should add, my sub is downward firing but the port is out the back or side if you will.  I aim the port at a corner or wall and it's louder.   

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks @Karkov If they were both oriented the same way it would make my decision easier.

I will be using for mostly music.

I might just go ahead and get the larger sub. Plus it has more power.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I run the Klipsch RSB-11 in my 20'x20' living room and I love it. It has great sound quality and enough bass for me to not consider upgrading to a Receiver and Klipsch Towers. It doesn't kick you in the dick when the bass hits like a real dedicated system with hundreds and hundreds of watts, however. For the price I paid of $449 though it really outclasses many other sound bars I have listened to and I don't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon.

Archived