Second Skin Audio

4 15's in 1997 Mustang GT Wall help

jf1984

Hello everyone. I'm looking to build a wall in the ride soon. I currently have 2 Skar ZVX V.2 12's and want to get some more oomph from the lows. I know absolutely nothing when it comes to tuning and building a box. Wondering if I could be advised by someone with good knowledge on walls in smaller cars. Maybe sell me a cut sheet design? Looking to stay around 32 hz and 4 cubes per woofer. I'm under the understanding I may have to modify the chassis to build a large box. That's fine with me. The space available before chassis modifications are   Height-30    Depth-20    Width-40. That gives me 11.75 cu ft before port, sub and bracing.  Now I can cut out the rear deck sheet metal to allow the rear of the box to taper along the rear windshield. Which will give me up to around 19 cubes total available. I'm probably gonna get the fifth degree for cutting the inside of the car, but all constructive criticism is welcome.

I've been working on this for about 8 hours today. It's now a little after 3 am. I messed with Torres calculator, and I think I might have it figured out. Someone correct me if I did this wrong or if any of the data doesn't make any sense.

box.png

If I could get my hands on a 97 fox body, it would be to put any heavy ass system in ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I see that I left out that I have four ZVX V.2 15's. Wow, can't believe I left that out haha. Spec sheet calls for 4 cubes per woofer. I'll be running 2 rp3500s not strapped, 2 woofers per amp. Picked up my alts earlier. The 12s are in a 6 cu ft box currently. Sounds great. Just looking to go to the next level. I mustered up a cut sheet list from an online cut sheet optimizer. Have to piece everything together, section by section in order to maximize box volume. Problem I'm facing is- port length, and tuning. The box isn't perfectly square from baffle area to rear of box. 51 inches wide, 33 inches tall, to about 14 inches deep. And then the box has to taper inward towards the center of the box on all 4 sides. After 14 inches deep- width goes to 37 inches wide, 20 inches tall at the back window. And however deep I need to achieve the specific volume before calculated port volume, sub displacement etc. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:22 AM, White Lightning said:

If I could get my hands on a 97 fox body, it would be to put any heavy ass system in ...

A 97 isn't a foxbody

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Looks like there's going to be some math involved here. I'm going to have to take in account the port itself is going to shrink, the further inside the box. So, where I'm losing port area in the rear of the box, I can make up in the front. By making the port larger, width times height. So in Torres, for instance, 28 high by 15 wide gives me a port area of 420 sq in. Assuming the entire port is 28x15 for its entire length. BUT the port will taper in HEIGHT as it goes inside the box. Trit's port calc is showing I need 283 sq in total. Does it matter what shape the port is as long as the port walls run parallel? If it doesn't matter, then I'm good to go. Just have to build the box and pay major attention to the baffle/port region. I am in no hurry to complete this. Measure twice, cut once.

Archived