Sonic Electronix

Sound deadener that won’t break the bank.

If you wait around Second Skin runs sales for us SMD members. Sometimes up to 25% off on B stock. They fly off the shelves though so you need to track their social media and posts on here.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

That does make sense, do it right once instead of doing it twice.  Guess I could save up more for good stuff.

guess I could start with a 32sq skin box for 95.  If I have the sub firing up and port back, what is the best spot to start matting?  The back door, the head lining above the sub? 

I also read you need to tape all the seams or the butyl can ooze out?? Any tape work or so I need special stuff?

Nah, it doesn’t ooze. But second skin sells aluminum tape

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

If you wait around Second Skin runs sales for us SMD members. Sometimes up to 25% off on B stock. They fly off the shelves though so you need to track their social media and posts on here.

They do buy two get one sales every so often too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ok cool, thanks again everyone.  I’ll def save up to get the better stuff.  And some alumni tape, and one of this rollers. 

Anyone have any input on where the best spot is to start putting this stuff?  Head liner above sub? Back door,  floor below box?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I spent my weekend putting  down the noico on my doors and the back wall of my cab

I cant compare  it to anything else but I can say it works   30% of the outer skin of the  door 

it went on clean and easy and although I thought I had no rattles this made my cab alot quieter

also I had a hollow square tube for support that was making sympathetic noise being right at the port  and this shut that down too  

I can say easy to apply    no real smell  fairly thick and seems to have worked just fine

wish I could do the roof but thats a major  project

as to where true anything that rattle but also the bigger  the piece the more it can benefit   the door skin was a big stamped sheet metal piece  easy to  slap on where I figure itcould and have it make a difference trried to think that smaller pieces were better

On 2/23/2019 at 10:47 AM, Dragonsyph said:

That does make sense, do it right once instead of doing it twice.  Guess I could save up more for good stuff.

guess I could start with a 32sq skin box for 95.  If I have the sub firing up and port back, what is the best spot to start matting?  The back door, the head lining above the sub? 

I also read you need to tape all the seams or the butyl can ooze out?? Any tape work or so I need special stuff?

the non butylr crap ooozes out in my experience with fatmats  rolled crap will never use anything like that again .. second skin hasn't did me wrong yet and i dont see it ever wronging me lol

On 2/22/2019 at 9:44 PM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Im telling you, man, these are the way to go.

https://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier-damplifier-pro-mix-b-stock-40-pounder-cld-made-in-the-usa/

Alot of times With the cheaper stuff you end up having to do double layers and 100% coverage to get the same results you could get from using substantially less off the good stuff.

you're really not saving money if you are using double the product to get the same results.

Where you at @Second Skin

Thanks for the shout out, we don't work the weekends. Most of the people here are giving you great advice. Do it right the first time. All these products are NOT the same and it is a huge mistake to think American made butyl CLD is anywhere near the same as the cheap rebranded roofing materials. Just look at the heat rating alone and you will quickly learn what products have tar and asphalt fillers. Any product that cannot handle over 300 degrees F is not high-quality butyl. Tar and Asphalt fail at that temp. Real butyl products can handle well over 400 degrees with no issues and like our industry-leading heat rating can handle well over 450 degrees F with no issues....even upside down in the engine bay. Here is a coupon code for 10% off SAVE10SS will take 10% off your products. Don't be fooled by cheap rebranded roofing materials on a roll. 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Archived