Sonic Electronix

Sound deadener that won’t break the bank.

Need advice on some as iv never used any before.  Would like suggestion on some that’s cheap but will do the job, so I guess best price to Performance.

Will be for the back area of a Chevy Tahoe. 

Not sure how thick I need or if one brand is better then the other or if there are different kinds.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"B" Stock second skin ftw. Used the shit outta it. The b stock doesn't hurt the wallet as bad.

I've seen Mark at caraudio fabrication use some sound skin.  Looks decent but cant comment on usage. Never have, I've always done B stock second skin. They always take awesome care of me, and the product is rad as hell. 

Second vote for the b stock second skin.

Snag a 40lber if they have them available, great deal for great product.

And their customer service is top notch.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I used Stinger Road Kill Extreme on a few builds because it was a great deal price wise and a good product. I think i was getting 36 sq ft for $70. I always hated it was chrome foiled backed but thought it was a good product.

I just tried Second SKins Damplifier & Damp Pro both very good products, get them as cheap as you can if b-stock is available. Also Tried SoundSkins for the first time and it too was a good product, just speedy.

Basiclly if you have $1500 to throw at deadening a vehicle than those higher end product are for you. If you want budget friendly go with any off brand you can find on Amazon. These products are all similar in nature its just there thickness of aluminum and rubber that make the difference. Oh and the logo if you want to pay for that as well.

Thanks for all the input everyone, much appreciated.  Im only looking to spend like MAX 100 bucks for now.  Been searching around and found a billion dif ones lol.  

B stock for 32sq feet is about 95 dollars,  ouch.  

Looked at a bunch of reviews etc of best materials, alot are saying Noico 80 mil, looks like its on amazon for 64 bucks for 36 sq feet.   Might try that stuff out.

Also i see kilmat on alot of the sites for 50-55 bucks for 36sq feet. 

Dynamat was always #1 but it cost way to much for me lol. 

2 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Thanks for all the input everyone, much appreciated.  Im only looking to spend like MAX 100 bucks for now.  Been searching around and found a billion dif ones lol.  

B stock for 32sq feet is about 95 dollars,  ouch.  

Looked at a bunch of reviews etc of best materials, alot are saying Noico 80 mil, looks like its on amazon for 64 bucks for 36 sq feet.   Might try that stuff out.

Also i see kilmat on alot of the sites for 50-55 bucks for 36sq feet. 

Dynamat was always #1 but it cost way to much for me lol. 

Im telling you, man, these are the way to go.

https://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier-damplifier-pro-mix-b-stock-40-pounder-cld-made-in-the-usa/

Alot of times With the cheaper stuff you end up having to do double layers and 100% coverage to get the same results you could get from using substantially less off the good stuff.

you're really not saving money if you are using double the product to get the same results.

Where you at @Second Skin

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That does make sense, do it right once instead of doing it twice.  Guess I could save up more for good stuff.

guess I could start with a 32sq skin box for 95.  If I have the sub firing up and port back, what is the best spot to start matting?  The back door, the head lining above the sub? 

I also read you need to tape all the seams or the butyl can ooze out?? Any tape work or so I need special stuff?

Archived