Sundown Audio

Stee-Z

Hey all, long time no see. I’m having an issue with a Hifonics BRX 2000.1D, 06 so it’s CEA compliant. I had this amp running in my truck for about four months all fine and dandy. Recently the subs had stopped working then would work again later on after the truck had been restarted. It did this for about a week until it stopped emitting sound all together. I spent quit some time requiring and Metering all connections. All wiring was looking fine, subs are two Alpine type S D4 wired down to 1, gain was always less than half. Tested the RCAS with an rca/aux adapter and speaker which worked and I was able to get sound from the small speaker I had hooked up. After hours of messing and entering everything I remembered I had another amp laying around the shop so I swapped it out and wahla, everything worked fine again. I’ve since switched with another amp and same thing everything works fine. I decided to open the board up, no burning on anything that I could see. I couldn’t seem to really spot any loose soldered joints and I never metered anything on the circuit board yet since this would be the first time doing so. I was thinking maybe the inputs could be bad but I’m not too familiar with internal repairs. 

The amp will turn on and light will be green (no protect light) but doesn’t output. I’m currently away from home for a few days so I won’t be able to get any readings for anyone to help out as of now. Curious to see if anyone else has had this issue on their board being as I can mostly only find this type of problem with some sort of electrical issue with voltage and improper ground. Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully I can save a bit of $ by repairing this amp!

(p.s I could probably have someone send me internall pictures later on!)

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Archived