Sundown Audio

Amp help.

/b/ro

I have an old school 4000 Watt Quantum Audio amplifier. It's 4000 Watts at 2 channels. 2000w per. Can you wire a 2 channel amp in series/ parallel to make it one channel? Because I would like to take those 4000 watts and put it at 4 ohms. It's 2 ohm stable. Connecting them in series would do that right?

first, if it's the same quantum audio that's still around, it's not gonna do 4k unless it gets struck by lightning. 

second, what model number is it? I cant find a single "4k" of theirs that's only 2 ohm stable

third, are you sure it's a 2 channel? or does it just have 2 sets of outputs on the side?  chances are you have a mono block, which is internally bridged already, the 2 sets of speaker terminals are for ease of wiring.

Just now, bmwking said:

first, if it's the same quantum audio that's still around, it's not gonna do 4k unless it gets struck by lightning. 

second, what model number is it? I cant find a single "4k" of theirs that's only 2 ohm stable

third, are you sure it's a 2 channel? or does it just have 2 sets of outputs on the side?  chances are you have a mono block, which is internally bridged already, the 2 sets of speaker terminals are for ease of wiring.

Word. I was kinda trying to get to that. If ya know what I mean mate. ;)

Archived