Sundown Audio

Is 5000 to much or should i go with a 3500/3000.

Dragonsyph

Thanks everyone for kicking me In the ass, your all right I was getting impatient and Was thinking a smaller amp.  I would have felt like an idiot after words.

Im looking to spend about 700-800, the 5k Orion seemed good for 800 but I’m open to others, been at work all day, when I get home I’ll research the recommend amps you all have mentioned. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

14 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Thanks everyone for kicking me In the ass, your all right I was getting impatient and Was thinking a smaller amp.  I would have felt like an idiot after words.

Im looking to spend about 700-800, the 5k Orion seemed good for 800 but I’m open to others, been at work all day, when I get home I’ll research the recommend amps you all have mentioned. 

Those Orion's blow. Literally. All amps blow but those blow more often than others. Thin heatsink, plastic bass knob with no clip detector, weak power supplies. This is coming from an amp repair man local to me in Las Vegas Nevada. Gotta pay to play. Best bet in the $800 range is the new crescendo 4K. That's a 3in coil sub and it's pretty efficient... That crescendo will do it some justice at 1 ohm. Fasho fasho. The 6k would be the nuts but I have to admit... I haven't dropped a grand on an amplifier yet. Amp lab has used Sundown 4K also. They're very reputable. 

2 hours ago, DiBo said:

Those Orion's blow. Literally. All amps blow but those blow more often than others. Thin heatsink, plastic bass knob with no clip detector, weak power supplies. This is coming from an amp repair man local to me in Las Vegas Nevada. Gotta pay to play. Best bet in the $800 range is the new crescendo 4K. That's a 3in coil sub and it's pretty efficient... That crescendo will do it some justice at 1 ohm. Fasho fasho. The 6k would be the nuts but I have to admit... I haven't dropped a grand on an amplifier yet. Amp lab has used Sundown 4K also. They're very reputable. 

That Bass Clef 4k seems pretty nice and the gut pics look beefy.  But 4.4k for 850 bucks is that good?  Seems a bit much vs an amp that does 6k for 750.  I am starting to lean towards the Clef 4 though, i like it but i have been pretty dead set on the orion for some reason. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I searched around and for brand new stuff right now the market is cornered unfortunately. For well known brands at 3-4kW it's going to fall in the 750-1k range with Sundown and DC being most expensive. Deaf Bonce and Crescendo are actually a bit cheaper but still just as good. At least with that new Nendo 4k it's advertised as being safe down to 0.5 ohms and putting over 5k at such.

54 minutes ago, k58.cross said:

I searched around and for brand new stuff right now the market is cornered unfortunately. For well known brands at 3-4kW it's going to fall in the 750-1k range with Sundown and DC being most expensive. Deaf Bonce and Crescendo are actually a bit cheaper but still just as good. At least with that new Nendo 4k it's advertised as being safe down to 0.5 ohms and putting over 5k at such.

All of the above mentioned amps are great. I will say this... My Orion XTR 2500. 1dz does excellent @ 1ohm. It thermals quickly tho. Runs hotter than a dragster with a blown radiator lol. Piping hot! Same brands inside as my deaf Bonce (80%) but protects on me. Same electrical as my deaf bonce obviously. Orion makes great power. It'll work but I prefer the others. Food for thought

Yeah I remember the Orion class A/B's back in the day being nicknamed "O-fry-on" lol.

When you say 1 Ohm you mean 1 ohm nominal sub wiring right? So if I wired to half ohm it would certainly protect or blow?

This is kinda like do we want a mercedes or a honda, if both had similar horsepower...Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend haha.

55 minutes ago, k58.cross said:

Yeah I remember the Orion class A/B's back in the day being nicknamed "O-fry-on" lol.

When you say 1 Ohm you mean 1 ohm nominal sub wiring right? So if I wired to half ohm it would certainly protect or blow?

This is kinda like do we want a mercedes or a honda, if both had similar horsepower...Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend haha.

Full bridge amplifier design and unbalanced. 1ohm 2900+... 2 ohm 2400+ 4ohm 1700+. You definitely do not want to wire this down under anything less than extremely high rise. Even still I wouldn't do it then. Very thin and small heat sink for a 3000w Korean amplifier. These things are monsters at 1 ohm

I'm Interested with what you're gonna go with! I just picked up the same sub with a 4k amp, still building it though

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

Archived