Second Skin Audio

Just did a thing...

k58.cross

18 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Well they will have issues thats why they are on the yard sale. most likely some coil rub or something similar.

Well there are clear "buckets" in the yard sale though. There's a bucket called "boxed" and they say explicitly that those units have issues if some sort. The "loose" bucket just says:

There are a ton of things that can end up in the "Loose" category. Below are some examples with 1-3 being the most common.

1) Trade-Ins from Team and/or other trade-ins.
2) Things we tested around the shop.
3) RMA returns that tested okay but we replaced them with a new item anyway.
4) Rejects from the build-room that we didn't have time to package.
5) Random items that we simply lost the packing for and/or original packing damaged.

Number 4 is the only concerning one, because I don't know what they mean by "rejects". But I assume they should work fine since they specifically made the boxed bucket for items with operational issues.

I'm excited to check them out in any case and will let you guys know what the deal was!

• 2 weeks later...

I got two perfectly fine subs! Really the only imperfections so far are some flecks of rust on the chrome magnet butt, and slight misalignment of the gasket tape on top of the mounting holes.

First test was in free air to check for rubbing and just to verify they play. Also measured the coil resistance and everything checked out good.

I put them in a 2x12 box I had made awhile back and hooked them up in place of my 1x12 Deaf Bonce DB-SA2712. Same amp, same gain settings, etc. On the same power going from that one 12 to the two Sundowns, my system is WAY louder. I was definitely not expecting so big a difference. So yeah, super happy with the purchase, I basically saved 300 bucks off the normal price of these subs. 

I'm a Sundown fanboy now too. This U-Series is rated 1500 Wrms but it is significantly heavier than the Deaf Bonce (which was a great sub also) which was rated 1700Wrms. No doubt the Sundown can take quite a bit more than rated. I have a 4k Crescendo coming to bring out the real potential of these things!

Hit that yard sale up when you can!

Archived