Second Skin Audio

Sub box

23 minutes ago, reedal said:

So here is a snap of Triticums calculator. 314654177_contralto15.JPG.3d3991b5de423476eadadbf37d183c2b.JPG

even though you'll be wired low and i'm quite sure that amp does more than the paper rating anyways, that's the port area you should be shooting for on 6500 watts with the two 10" ports. On winISD, the two 8" ports keep velocity higher than 40m/s, and the 10" dropped it down to ~34m/s. The frequency response peaked hard at tuning, but i think that was due to crappy t/s from crescendo, or just winISD being picky. then the program crashed on me and i stopped there. while you may want to make the enclosure a little larger to compensate for your power-to-sub ratio, larger = peakier. My personal preference is to stick to the smaller side of net volume for a wider bandwidth, but to each his own.

More port area is needed for sure though in order to keep port velocity and noise down. two 12" ports puts you just below triticums optimal area.

This is what I got if decided to buy 8in ports (since no clue if my 10in ports even exist anymore :( )

Screenshot_20190301-200359_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thomas1994 said:

I'm guessing there is no logical way to get 2 10in ports to work haha

Close as I could get then numbers started turning red

Whoops I didn't have the wood in there .75 so that's not right at all 🤣🤣🤣

Oh this is fun

So 8s is about closest thing can do 

Screenshot_20190301-202232_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

Its not enough port area. You will be restricting the flow, which can create port noise and will reduce output. You may be better off with a slot port

5 hours ago, reedal said:

Its not enough port area. You will be restricting the flow, which can create port noise and will reduce output. You may be better off with a slot port

Just kinda sucks I have 2 10in ports sitting here and spent almost $150 on them...

That's about as close as I got

You can't even buy the subs anymore so adding a 4th one isn't a choice (nor is financially possible for me)

Also I know you said on paper it probably does more but one of the audio groups (mwspl or ispll don't even remember been a year since asked) has it doing 6500w. Now I do believe the v2 does more then 6500w dynoed but I have the ns1 v1.

So hoping maybe to get 1500w per sub, about 1000w under powered per sub...

Screenshot_20190302-121451_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

Now its in the red lol

Port area 157.08in2

Port area per foot/liter 13.7in2 (but showing red)

Total net of the box 11.46

5 hours ago, reedal said:

Archived