Hydraulic Crimp Die Sizes For Sky High 1/0?

I purchased the TMS WL-YQK-300 16 Ton Hydraulic Crimper from Amazon. Only problem I have is the dies are marked in MM and not AWG. I want to crimp some Sky High 1/0 OFC. But, I'm unsure as to which die to use. I kind of don't want to start experimenting and lose out on lugs lol. Does someone have a chart they go by or some more information as to what die to use per gauge of wire? I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find much info. Except one guy recommended using 2/0awg die for Sky Highs 1/0. But, that doesn't help me since my dies are marked in MM.

Thank you!

This is a link to the crimper I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXQ2E5E/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DJ Kevin - Indian Majestic Sounds

Its all gonna depends on your lugs, some are thick copper and some aren't.  I have the same wire and bought 1/0 and 2/0 lugs.  Some needed small as 35MM die, some used the 70mm die lol.  

Your just gonna have to try one and see if you can pull it out.  If you can go to a smaller size 

What i did was start with the biggest die,  70mm and put a nice crimp on it.  Then tried to pull the lug off, dont try to hard as you dont wanna really pull it off, but if it moves at ALL, try the next die size down like ae 50mm.  And so oN.  You can also do two crimps on each lug alternating directions. 

Just start with biggest and end with smallest and you wont ruin any lugs.   ALSO make sure when you try to pull a lug off and think it moving DOUBLE check its not the sleeving moving back on the wire.  Some reason skyhigh OFC is pretty loose inside the insulation. 

Pretty sure i used x2 crimp at x35mm on this 2/0 lug lol.  Not the best looking but i was able to hang from it.  So its pretty solid. 

JjpaAeX.jpg

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

My guess is all the die sizes aren't created equal lol.  There's about 50 dif brands of the same crimper so i can guess there not all to the right size. 

Like in my case, i had to use the 35mm which says 2 but worked good on a 2/0 LOL>>>

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

On 3/7/2019 at 1:19 AM, Dragonsyph said:

My guess is all the die sizes aren't created equal lol.  There's about 50 dif brands of the same crimper so i can guess there not all to the right size. 

Like in my case, i had to use the 35mm which says 2 but worked good on a 2/0 LOL>>>

Yeah I’ve heard that as well. I went with what seemed the most commonly owned/used which I linked above.

DJ Kevin - Indian Majestic Sounds

Archived