Second Skin Audio

Help with Aeroport Size and Velocity!

max13b2

Subs: 2 x Sundown SA-12s

Amp: 2 old school Kicker ZR360s bridged @ 2ohm, 1 per subwoofer

Vehicle: 2008 extended cab Dakota.

I know I want a total volume of 4cuft after displacement and tuned to 32Hz using an aeroport.

I'm looking at 24" tall x 14" deep, the width is the variable I can change to get the proper box volume

Since I want to use an aeroport, and playing around with the Torres Calculator, I can go with 

A )  8" aeroport @ 27" long

B )  6" aeroport @ 14" long

I would love to go with the option B. Cheaper and would fit my box design so much better! Of course I'm worried about port velocity with the 6" port... What would be the velocity of each A and B designs?

Maybe 2 of the 6" ports? How long then? What would then be the velocity

I'm only going to be putting roughly 650 - 700 watts RMS per subwoofer, I'm looking for efficiency above all else!

The single 6" port (Option B) isn't enough port area IMHO.  Option A would be perfect.  You could use two 6" ports as well, but they would have to be even longer than the single 8" port.  

Here is my port area calculator, it can help you determine how much port area you need based on the specs of your box and the amount of power you are running: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VREceNxz9YOcFlI8O_TG62-4O-l3Q2IjD5qsEkVVh28/edit#gid=0

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived