Sonic Electronix

2017 Honda Accord touring upgrades

Been out the game for a long time and need some guidance on newer cars and what they need to install aftermarket gear. I am going to keep the factory h/u but want to upgrade alternator, stock speakers, and add a single woofer on my SQ4500 plus I’ll need to add a 4 channel. I’ve had not much luck on what I’ll need for integrating with my factory h/u. Any help would be great. If I didn’t give enough information just ask. 

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Processor.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I used the Dayton processor. I tapped into the speaker wires behind the radio and used the high level inputs on the processor. I have a 2017 Accord

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

Audio control has some good stuff. I think they have a dsp and amp combo not sure

alternator wise singer/mechman are both good companies. You can get either internal or externally regulated

4 channel wise - I love my rockford fosgate p600x4 but other companies have great stuff too. Dc/sundown/etc. 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, Joshdashef said:

Audio control has some good stuff. I think they have a dsp and amp combo not sure

alternator wise singer/mechman are both good companies. You can get either internal or externally regulated

4 channel wise - I love my rockford fosgate p600x4 but other companies have great stuff too. Dc/sundown/etc. 

I have a Boston gt4100 I’ll probably use for midrange. I heard the alternator is pcm controlled so the headlights have to be on for it to run constantly. Also I’ve always just used dynamat, is there anything that’s a better value nowadays?

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

1 hour ago, shepherd92683 said:

I have a Boston gt4100 I’ll probably use for midrange. I heard the alternator is pcm controlled so the headlights have to be on for it to run constantly. Also I’ve always just used dynamat, is there anything that’s a better value nowadays?

My Honda Civic has an eld (electric load detector) I just turn on the fans with or without ac and I get the alternator to go full.

ive heard of eld bypasses and people who just unplug it. I’m still wondering if you bypass it or unplug it if it would reduce the life span of the alternator for a daily driver

as far as sound deadening goes I like dynamite but second skins is just as good. Price wise you get what you pay for so get a jumbo pack to get a better deal

1 hour ago, shepherd92683 said:

Any recommendations? Audiocontrol seems like a good way to go. 

I Run A Helix. Love it.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived