15 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab - [4 Sundown SA 8's] - [B2 Ref 4 Chan & Ref 3 Way] - [Gately Box]

Recently purchased my dream truck so now I'm about to do my first PROPER audio install. I'm still a rookie so feel free to add your input on suggestions.

Vehicle

2015 Chevy SIlverado LTZ W/Bose(Bypassed) - 42k Miles - Cocoa/Dune Leather Interior

Speaker Amp 

B2 Audio Reference Four Audiophile Grade 4 Channel

Subwoofer Amp 

Crescendo Bass Clef 4k(Might return for a B2 Rage 2500.1) Not sure if these 8's will handle anything over 2500-3k RMS

Speakers

Front Stage - B2 Audio Reference 3 way (6.5 Woofer, 3.5 Mid range, 1.5 Tweeter)

Rear Stage - B2 Audio ELSQ 6.1 Componet Set

Subwoofers

4 Sundown SA8's V.3 - Dual 2 Ohm

Electrical

Power/Ground - All Sky High Car Audio - 0/1 OFC

Speaker Wire - Factory bose wire. Really don't wanna run thicker speaker wire if I don't need to (Please tell me if i need to with such a high powered amap)

Boss Bypass - LLJ Customs OEM Loopback Harness with LC7i

Batteries - D3100 for now. Placed under the hood in the 2nd battery tray. The original GM battery will be replaced once i get some more cash flowing in.

Alternator -  Mechman 250a

SMD Meters - SMD VM-1 - SMD OM-1 - SMD TM-1 All Mounted in the Triple LED Meter SIngle DIn Kit that i'll be using body filler to mount it into the middle console(Exactly like Steve Meades Lexus)

Subwoofer Box

4 8's with a custom stain to match my tan/brown interior done by The Insanely Talented Bobby Gately

Seat Lift for Box

LMI Welding 2.5" Lift

Sound Deadener -

SoundSkin In door panels and Sky High Car Audio 120 MIL Sound Deadener 7 sheets, 38.5ft

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5XkEH5n.jpg

LTZSiKp.jpg

WELVys3.jpg

9nCkqq9.jpg

i6GjF8u.jpg

9MXzP8v.jpg

kDqlNor.jpg

kPdLMlG.jpg

TNTJI52.jpg

• LLJ Boss Bypass T-Harness with LC7i. This harness just connects into the output of the bose amp, completely hijacks all door speakers besides dash ones. Tweeter wires are wired into the harness as well for me to us. It uses the boss amp to supplys 12v to power it on, ground,  a remote turn on and prewired speaker wires. So basically all i need to do is connect the provided speaker wires into my B2 crossovers. Pricey harness but holy shit man, such a time saver.

UHyG5fU.jpg

32 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Those 4-8s will take that 4k @1 ohm. Nice setup. I'd keep it

hell yea dude, thank you...THANK YOU! I didn't really want to return it...but i thought about how my old sa15 was handling double its power and then some in a shitty box.

36 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

I got the llj customs module for my 2016 regular cab as well

I was iffy on dropping the cash on it...BUT... i refuse to cut into wires, avoid warranties, running wires etc etc...They did one hell of a job. Now whats your current setup with it? My speakers are coming in this friday, so i'll be able to install all of them...I think i might need to run a new wire for my dash pillar speaker straight to my crossover. Supposedly there's some type of built in crossover in the factory wire where the kickpanel area is. Are you also dealing with loud chimes? I've read thats something i'll be running into.

Sweet Ride Sir. I’m tuned in for this !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

7 hours ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

I was iffy on dropping the cash on it...BUT... i refuse to cut into wires, avoid warranties, running wires etc etc...They did one hell of a job. Now whats your current setup with it? My speakers are coming in this friday, so i'll be able to install all of them...I think i might need to run a new wire for my dash pillar speaker straight to my crossover. Supposedly there's some type of built in crossover in the factory wire where the kickpanel area is. Are you also dealing with loud chimes? I've read thats something i'll be running into.

My warranty has been voided a month after i bought the truck.  

D3100 HAS ARRIVED!@ and its heavy as hell. It was an awesome moment opening one of these up...i've always wanted a true XS Power battery but could never afford one. I got my speaker adapters as well, i'll post those later when i hit the garage.

CVy4etm.jpg

Archived