15 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab - [4 Sundown SA 8's] - [B2 Ref 4 Chan & Ref 3 Way] - [Gately Box]

7 minutes ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

My plan today was to rip all my doors off so i'm ready to install my speakers when they come in tomorrow...but the DMV decided to hold me up for most of my day....what a suprise.

SOOOO! I atleast got a start on my din molding. First time using dyna-glass, fiberglass filler so i have no idea how this will play out. We'll see what happens when its dried up tomorrow. I know i'll be doing a lot of sanding and such but i'm just hoping i get a solid mold that i can take out when needed and to not have it make any scuff marks from moving around.

joDeh1K.jpg

IeN0hxh.jpg

yp8isyf.jpg

Word of advce. Theres a 7mm screw behind the L shaped trim in the door. Just leave that one out and it will make taking the doors off much easier the next time and avoid breaking the trim.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Word of advce. Theres a 7mm screw behind the L shaped trim in the door. Just leave that one out and it will make taking the doors off much easier the next time and avoid breaking the trim.  

THANK YOU! those doors are a nightmare to pull off.

1 minute ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

Do you pull off the window trim piece? The sail panel that connects around the top of the window. I find myself getting hung up on that putting it on and off.

No i only pulled that off when i did my dl3 mirror swap

Man nice work and equipment. I'm interested to see how your din mold ends up because I'm going to be doing something similar soon. So I'm tuned in for sure.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Slapped these bad Larry's in yesterday....i told myself i will do whatever it takes to get this 3 way setup done. Unfortunately. I had to dremel out the passeneger side quite large for these to fot...big basket for a small speaker. Driver side slid in fine. 

6PivN0m.jpg

f6I5r1M.jpg

Finally something went right and this 6x9 spacer worked perfectly. Glad i ordered them last second after i had ordered the 6.5 rings. Those can used for the rear...hopefully.

kHuZGBx.jpg

SMD 6x9 to 6.5 with a tweeter hole...ordered the tweeter too small so i had to modify the holes, angle the tweeters and keep them in place with glue. It was my only way to avoid putting it onto the dash v363WZS.jpg

Archived