15 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab - [4 Sundown SA 8's] - [B2 Ref 4 Chan & Ref 3 Way] - [Gately Box]

3 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

Man nice work and equipment. I'm interested to see how your din mold ends up because I'm going to be doing something similar soon. So I'm tuned in for sure.

I had to redo mine, my original idea failed so i added more bracing.

wpOcjGm.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Im intersted in see8ngnthe llj amp rack.  Wondering how they fasten and the size.  If i can use those it would make my build a lot easier and faster amd i woulsnt have to make the sub box and amp rack 1 peice!

I should be placing it on today or tomorrow. I wanted to get the bigger one with the bose cutout but unfortunately it doesn't fit if you have an auto rear window. Supposedly it bolts right up to the factory ones BUT you need to remove the factory sound proofing crap.

48 minutes ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

I should be placing it on today or tomorrow. I wanted to get the bigger one with the bose cutout but unfortunately it doesn't fit if you have an auto rear window. Supposedly it bolts right up to the factory ones BUT you need to remove the factory sound proofing crap.

Yes i have cld, ccf and mlvon my back wall so i dont need the oem sound proofing stuff.  It is a regular cab so i know ill have to modify the mounts. Im more wanting to see the height so i can figure out a way thr fasten it on the back wallid only get the 36" and cut the width down.  Please i need a ton of pictures

Todays update: Went to a handgun safety course, got my certificate for an LTC so that took up half the day.

GOOD NEWS! ALL SPEAKERS ARE IN AND WORKING! My anxiety is much lower now thank god, all panels are popped back in and its not a complete disaster.

BAD NEWS! Speakers sounded like shit, swapped RCAs and some other crap. Come to find out the MAIN output on my LC7i is muffling the shit out of my speakers. I tried just the front and then just the back...i have my channels split off on output 2 instead and it sounds much better. Not sure wtf is going here, I'm wondering if its a defect or if something is wired weird in this harness. 

7 minutes ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

Todays update: Went to a handgun safety course, got my certificate for an LTC so that took up half the day.

GOOD NEWS! ALL SPEAKERS ARE IN AND WORKING! My anxiety is much lower now thank god, all panels are popped back in and its not a complete disaster.

BAD NEWS! Speakers sounded like shit, swapped RCAs and some other crap. Come to find out the MAIN output on my LC7i is muffling the shit out of my speakers. I tried just the front and then just the back...i have my channels split off on output 2 instead and it sounds much better. Not sure wtf is going here, I'm wondering if its a defect or if something is wired weird in this harness. 

Gonna be honest.  Ive dabbled with those b2 3way sets a few times for local guys and they are horrible. Passive, active bo matter what i did they never sounded good to me

42 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Gonna be honest.  Ive dabbled with those b2 3way sets a few times for local guys and they are horrible. Passive, active bo matter what i did they never sounded good to me

I can see where you're coming from. I know right off the bat it'll be a lot more work than any other set, these sets are definitely a 2-3 month fine tune for sure instead of my usual 1 month run. If i didnt get my rear set of ELS 6.1's basically for free i would've just filled them with the badass CT Sounds meso. Pure beef across the board. 

But regardless of that, somethings going on with the main output on the lc7i

4 minutes ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

I can see where you're coming from. I know right off the bat it'll be a lot more work than any other set, these sets are definitely a 2-3 month fine tune for sure instead of my usual 1 month run. If i didnt get my rear set of ELS 6.1's basically for free i would've just filled them with the badass CT Sounds meso. Pure beef across the board. 

How is your lc7 set?

Heres where the fun begins. Finally got to the back wall, pealed off some of the sound dampening and mounted my LLJ amp rack. SUPRISE! Seat belt mount is in the way so that throws me off a bit....now i look more at it, i removed the bose amp and got it tucked under the rear motor regulator. Tire jack has to be removed and i need to find a way to keep it secure. If i knew i could've mounted this somewhere else i would've gotten the longer amp rack but thats what woods for....so on the plus side i have another 1-2ft to work with here.

blSjTJa.jpg

48NBJql.jpg

(Its a temporary ground, shush yo mouth boi)

U6tNqew.jpg

1 hour ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

Whats the height of that rack? Ijust contacted llj about making me a custom size

Archived