Car amp BAD hum noise and whyyyy?

Just now, CstrokerV said:

then its the amps not getting grounded properly or the rcas ground is making a loop 

The amp can't ground now does it need to ground, and the receiver has no ground in the power plug. I thought about grounding the 12v side to my home outlet plug but that just seems like a bad idea tbh.

3 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

well if you are only doing around 500 watss or so can get pretty cheap plate amps   https://www.parts-express.com/bash-500s-digital-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-500w-rms--300-752    the 300 watt ones is like 150 i think

Sub is a dual 4 so i can only run it at 2 or 8 ohms. For that money I can buy a good powered sub. The thing I am trying to avoid doing.

the amp gets grounded to the battery so what do you mean it can't ground....   the rcas can be making a loop because its grounding to the receiver and the amp the reciever has a ground just not a earth ground... 

4 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

the amp gets grounded to the battery so what do you mean it can't ground....   the rcas can be making a loop because its grounding to the receiver and the amp the reciever has a ground just not a earth ground... 

I know the amp gets grounded on the battery. But my denon has no ground. How am i supposed to ground 2 things together that cant? I can't ground my 12v side to anything in my house (except the ground in my wall outlet that sounds like a bad idea), and my denon has no ground to begin with. How am I supposed to ground a ac circuit to a dc circuit?

And why would 2 things that don't have a (chassis) ground have a ground loop problem to begin with? This is what is stumping me.

If it only happens with the avr providing inputs to the amp, then clearly the avr is the issue. Just because you tried more than one and got the same results doesn't mean it can't be the issue. Try using a home audio amp for home audio, and keep the car audio equipment in the car. Problem solved. It might not be the answer you want, but it will be the simplest.

4 hours ago, reedal said:

If it only happens with the avr providing inputs to the amp, then clearly the avr is the issue. Just because you tried more than one and got the same results doesn't mean it can't be the issue. Try using a home audio amp for home audio, and keep the car audio equipment in the car. Problem solved. It might not be the answer you want, but it will be the simplest.

I am the kinda person that wants to figure out why, and not just give up and spend more money. And the fact it cost a crap ton to get home subs to hit as low and hard as car audio does.   I will be buying a big crown amp for my 2-15's but not in the next few months, and like any normal person I want no no I NEED BASS.   Thanks though.

• 10 months later...

Archived