6.5 components suggestion

Hi folks,

I was hoping to get some advice on what would be a good 6.5 components set with decent bass. Currently I have the RF Punch 6.5 ($250 ones), and although their quality is crystal clear, I am not satisfied with their bass. Most of my bass come from my two 12" RF Punch P2 of course, but I expect at least to feel some bass from the speakers on the front doors. I understand that I am not going to get the bass I want from the 6.5's, but I'd rather get something than nothing. 

I have 75watts RMS available for each speaker channel, and I have run 14guage speaker wire on them. I'd say that my budget would be around $300. 

Any suggestions?

Keep in mind that if your door isn't prepped to it's full potential for great mid-bass response       (Deadening, sealing, acoustic foam, FAST RINGS, ect)   then it doesn't matter what brand you put in there it won't perform. Your Punch speaker should be putting out decent mid-bass on 75 watts rms now. And if your looking for more out of your new speakers you might need more power. 50-75 watts per channel isn't much these days. Thats tweeter, mid range power IMO.

Good luck.

Thanks for your answer guys. I will review all these brands and see what might be a good option.

@bcbrassard that's a valid point. I have tried to use sound deadening and custom rings on my doors. Of course nothing super professional here, but I guess just the average built.

A few people have suggested the morel maximo 2-way. Any experience with these?

https://www.morelhifi.com/product/maximo-2-way/   

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Keep in mind that if your door isn't prepped to it's full potential for great mid-bass response       (Deadening, sealing, acoustic foam, FAST RINGS, ect)   then it doesn't matter what brand you put in there it won't perform. Your Punch speaker should be putting out decent mid-bass on 75 watts rms now. And if your looking for more out of your new speakers you might need more power. 50-75 watts per channel isn't much these days. Thats tweeter, mid range power IMO.

Good luck.

I agree. I have Rockford t2 components they sound great as is with 30% outer skin deadening and some extra stuff but I’m fixing to add more deadened to both inner and outer layers of sheet metal along with sealing the gaping hole for the window mechanism with 3/4” abs plastic along with fast rings and better adapters with the same abs plastic

I have seen some serious SQ build videos in the last week that make what we are trying to do laughable.

In Europe's SQ world they are putting T-Line enclosures in doors for 6.5" mid-bass, 8" subs where the glove box use to be. 6.5 mid-range on the dash w/ a 3-way set. 2 18" FI IB subs. Crazy shit and they make everything solid out of wood, 100% sealed to get the best performance from the drivers.

Peter @ PSSounds on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought some Crescendo Mezzo 6.5's for $250. They haven't shipped yet though. Comes with nice tweeters and crossovers. Hoping the SQ is good and will let you know after they're installed. They sounded like they had good midbass in the videos I watched. For what it's worth too, I heard Deaf Bonce mids (except the neos) have really good midbass.

Archived