Mechman Alt =\= Copper Stud

Just learned this today and thought it good enough to share. I just received a 240a alt today for my acura (11151240). Upon inspection I noticed the charge stud was steel. A little confused and worried I received the wrong alternator, I emailed Mechman to notify them. The response surprised me some, "Are you saying that the alternator didn’t come with a charging post or that the charging post is not copper?

Copper is way too soft to use for an outputs stud."

Boy, it sure looks like copper in the website photo. I needed clarification. "Some of the rectifiers have a zinc plating that looks like gold or copper depending on the lighting."

Interesting.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/54392-mechman-deal-of-the-day/

And ?   whats your point of this thread ?   did you read it was copper ?. no you assumed it was copper..   if you are worried about it go get it electroplated in copper or better yet silver 

I don’t believe the studs material is reason to discredit mechman. Although pictures may have portrayed the material as a color akin to copper, the description of the product would clearly state the material in question.

6 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

And ?   whats your point of this thread ?   did you read it was copper ?. no you assumed it was copper..   if you are worried about it go get it electroplated in copper or better yet silver 

You're right I assumed it was copper because of a photo used to show the product on the products page. Guess i should be thankful it looked at all like the photo and wasnt all plastic. My point is being told they do not make alts with copper plated studs, which is not true. And if it is not included why have it on their website photo. My bad i guess  its only a 400 dollar alt. This thread isnt for the ones already on mechmans cock. 

5 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I don’t believe the studs material is reason to discredit mechman. Although pictures may have portrayed the material as a color akin to copper, the description of the product would clearly state the material in question.

Sorry i wasnt able to find it mentioned. I guess the photo wasnt really supposed to be a deciding factor. Youre supposed to know how great they are and not bring up any negatives. No wonder every subwoofer brand is made in china. Brand loyalty is gifted for a sticker.

7 hours ago, JustSam said:

Sorry i wasnt able to find it mentioned. I guess the photo wasnt really supposed to be a deciding factor. Youre supposed to know how great they are and not bring up any negatives. No wonder every subwoofer brand is made in china. Brand loyalty is gifted for a sticker.

If you have beef against mechman then just say it man, don’t dance around it.

I don’t see the relevance behind your post. I enjoy mechman as a manufacturer simply because my alternator has given me exactly what I paid for not because of some sticker. Your assumption of the latter proves your bias against the company, so why don’t you just take your business elsewhere or post a review of the alternator under the appropriate forum section - it can be found here.

so... they made an alternator 7+ years ago with a copper stud, and you're butthurt because you didnt do the research before giving someone $400?  get boned man.  it sucks to feel like you were led on, but when you led yourself on because you couldnt be bothered to read... well... lets just say mechman isnt the idiot here.  take your whining back to facebook.

9 hours ago, JustSam said:

You're right I assumed it was copper because of a photo used to show the product on the products page. Guess i should be thankful it looked at all like the photo and wasnt all plastic. My point is being told they do not make alts with copper plated studs, which is not true. And if it is not included why have it on their website photo. My bad i guess  its only a 400 dollar alt. This thread isnt for the ones already on mechmans cock. 

how can you tell the manufacturer they do make copper studs lol think they would know if they did or not..they might have years ago but found it to be to soft and a problem so they stopped. ....   they might not have changed the photo or its plated in the photo but not one place in the description does it say its copper.... so if they showed one with one of the color options would you think you got that color without selecting it? and paying for it?

Copper stud, steel spacer. Magnet for proof. And they crimp their undersized diodes too. Low quality parts with a relatively high success rate. And when they burn up (which mine did), they replace it FAST. Shipped out Monday, received back home replaced on Friday. I certainly would recommend Singer, CES, and US Alts if you want better components.  

For recerence, my US Alts uses solid copper stud/post combo. 

174733A6-B015-419D-A332-82C186D6BF38.jpeg

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived