Second Skin Audio

re-did dustcap of my MTX AUDIO Terminator 12-inch subwoofers

dustcap was cracked right in the center. so I took a razer blade around the edge of it carefully on both subwoofers and cut out the logo to get rid of the cracked area. then glued a new dustcap over top of it. looks much better and beefier now. and sounds better too. no more hissing/whistling sound from the crack in the center of the logos now.

I think I did an okay job on the glueing. one is slightly messier than the other but I think it looks fine for what i was working with. looks better than before though thats for sure. the cheap looking 3D logo now gone and replaced with a much nicer looking dustcap

subwoofers MTX.jpg

Update: Accidentally pushed in the right subwoofers dustcap with my foot while fumbling around in the dark after a power outage.

I managed to find a car window suction cup thingy and got it popped back out. so far I dont see any dents or crease lines or light areas on the dustcap anywhere. does anyone think its going to be fine? is it going to sound worse now in some way? would it measure any different before and after if it was measured before and after being pushed in and popped back out with a spectrum analyzer or something?

when it was pushed in i didnt see any crinkles or lines in the dustcap it looked almost like a simple inverted dustcap

Archived