Sundown Audio

taramps md8000.1 at 8ohm?

necromonster

hey there guys! im getting a md8k 1ohm. it is WAY more power than my subs can handle. i was wanting to wire the subs to 8ohms to limit power consumption and wattage output by the amp to run the amp a little easier. they are 4ohm dvc's. i have two subwoofers. they are capable of 1250watts rms each. any suggestions on how i should wire the subs or any info on taramps md8000.1 @ 8ohm? i also was thinking i could run 1 or 2 ohm setups and just back the gain down to match the rms of my subs. ??? im a n()()B so be easy on the banter please. 

With 2 dual 4 ohm subs your options are 1ohm or 4ohms , so run them at 4ohms that should be perfect for that amp at 4ohms. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Here’s your wiring options 

74A6C13B-2F50-4650-9253-4B8EBD0970C5.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Thanks Ron. I don't know why I thought I could get an 8ohm final load.... Talk about a massive brain shart... Id normally call it a brain fart, but that was so far into left field it qualified as a shart... Lol thanks.

I decided just to wire to 1 ohm and used ohms law to figure out an amp output voltage target that exceeds my total subwoofer RMS by 25%. I then checked it out with my o-scope for clipping @ max normal listening volume. All was well. I installed a voltmeter in my dash to keep an eye on my system voltage to make sure my current output doesn't pull my voltage below 13v .I know the amps ratings we're measured @12.6, and with such a high "minimum" voltage I run should be ok on stock alt until next week when I get my 370amp installed.

Now that I've gone an rambled a bit..........But thanks again for the reply

Archived