Second Skin Audio

3 15s box help...

1 hour ago, YukonXL04 said:

3 cubes sound pretty small for a 15. Most of the 15s I have used wanted between 4 and 5 cubes. But I'm also a big box guy too, cant stand a too small ported box

Fi, psi, DD... all want 3-5 for most of the 15s. I dont run sundown so I dont know.

I've ran Fi team 15's and my enclosure was 4ft³ with 64in² port. Put some real RMS on your subs and you won't need 5ft³. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, DiBo said:

I talked to Crescendo audio today. They suggested 10ft³ with around 144in² of slot port. Less with aero. I can actually get a design with subs up Port back ( slot Port ran across the bottom). 

So logically I could do something like this and it might actually come out sounding ok? (4 6in aeroports)

53905676_255857735363141_458928027355578

53923213_255857782029803_764794170584858

I thought needed like 12-13.5 port area per foot or something about there, and honestly why getting pretty confused with this box idea...

This is my last attempt to get this build right so wanna do something besides a boring slot port but still have it super easy to build so why been looking at SHCAs aeroports...

Been trying to make it work with 2 10s, 3 8s, or 4 6s aeroports but I always seem to end up with the port area per foot in the red or it seems really small...

Subs are gonna end up slightly underpowered so was thinking box should be around 10.5-11cuft but I feel 12cuft would be too big...

44 minutes ago, DiBo said:

I talked to Crescendo audio today. They suggested 10ft³ with around 144in² of slot port. Less with aero. I can actually get a design with subs up Port back ( slot Port ran across the bottom). 

And thanks for the help...really appreciate it...

25 minutes ago, DiBo said:

If it were me I'd go with 10ft³ and 125in² of aero port or 145+/- of slot port. I'm not that fond of aeroports I prefer a slot Port design. I'd also consider 1 inch material. 10 will require more bracing

If only could get it to go to 125in2 at 10ft lol been trying for a week and refuses to work...lol...

3 hours ago, DiBo said:

If it were me I'd go with 10ft³ and 125in² of aero port or 145+/- of slot port. I'm not that fond of aeroports I prefer a slot Port design. I'd also consider 1 inch material. 10 will require more bracing

If go with 4 6in aeroports

Comes out 113in2 at around 10cuft...

So think gonna be my sweet spot now how do I design a box and get a cut sheet haha 😂😂

17 minutes ago, DiBo said:

That's why I prefer slot ports haha. So much easier to hit that sweet spot

Yeah idk my first slot port box was just absolute garbage so wanna try something else this time especially since I'm going to spend the money for Baltic birch...

So how exactly do I figure all that up to come up with a slot port idea so can compare the 2?

Slot port is gonna be the cheapest lol just have to figure out how to do better then my first attempt...

45 minutes ago, DiBo said:

That's why I prefer slot ports haha. So much easier to hit that sweet spot

Screenshot_20190311-235958_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

Archived