Second Skin Audio

3 15s box help...

5 hours ago, DiBo said:

I've ran Fi team 15's and my enclosure was 4ft³ with 64in² port. Put some real RMS on your subs and you won't need 5ft³. 

And If i recall you weren't happy with the outcome and changed it up. 

All you do is throw more and more money at it until your happy... that's cool whatever works for you. But I like to pick my equipment on experience and specs and not " oh buy some team 15s, they beat" poof you have team 15s. But more power to you.

All good though. I'm happy with my poor little 8s.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

And If i recall you weren't happy with the outcome and changed it up. 

All you do is throw more and more money at it until your happy... that's cool whatever works for you. But I like to pick my equipment on experience and specs and not " oh buy some team 15s, they beat" poof you have team 15s. But more power to you.

All good though. I'm happy with my poor little 8s.

Actually I was trying different subs so I could distinguish differences between sound. I jumped the gun on my 2nd fi Team 15. I had a bad head unit with blown subwoofer output so I split the signal and didn't realize the crossover on the rear channel was high pass only. None of that has anything to do with enclosure size. I was merely pointing out that five cubes for a 15 was pretty large in my opinion. I also don't throw more money at it until I'm happy. I got a good deal on my fi Team 15s so I tried them. I live in Las Vegas so it was a no-brainer. I really like them also. They get low. Since I build all my own enclosures and do all my work myself ( which is half of the reason I got into car audio) I tend to change my builds a lot for fun. Just put in 4-x12's last week and they're already coming out. Not because I don't like the way it sounds ( I hit tuning on the nose) but because I would like to do hair tricks and get windy. Just having fun. That's what works for me. 

37 minutes ago, Thomas1994 said:

So how exactly do I figure all that up to come up with a slot port idea so can compare the 2?

Slot port is gonna be the cheapest lol just have to figure out how to do better then my first attempt...

Screenshot_20190311-235958_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

Slot ports are easy... You could do 4.75Hx30L... 142.5in² for port area and length determines tuning. It's really simple and pretty spot on. Run that across the bottom and plug in 1 common port wall as the bottom of the enclosure is the only side that the face of the port touches. Bada bing bada boom. Done. Properly tuned. Should be around 24in long or so

40 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Slot ports are easy... You could do 4.75Hx30L... 142.5in² for port area and length determines tuning. It's really simple and pretty spot on. Run that across the bottom and plug in 1 common port wall as the bottom of the enclosure is the only side that the face of the port touches. Bada bing bada boom. Done. Properly tuned. Should be around 24in long or so

54279077_255982865350628_309612632034666

53548543_255982802017301_368598024955782

So how would I turn that into a cut sheet to make a box?

I assume its right lol

Displacements is in ft³ so 1 doesn't work. When I put these measurements in I got 10.51 before bracing tuned to 31.62 with around 13.70 in Port area and a 1:4.00 port ratio. Shrink the enclosure down just a tad and brace well for ¾" material. Port sz looks good. 

23 hours ago, DiBo said:

Displacements is in ft³ so 1 doesn't work. When I put these measurements in I got 10.51 before bracing tuned to 31.62 with around 13.70 in Port area and a 1:4.00 port ratio. Shrink the enclosure down just a tad and brace well for ¾" material. Port sz looks good. 

Was gonna try and put this into re box calculator to try and make a cut sheet but my computer is toast :(

Archived