New alternator and D6500, 13.32V at batt. Post.

Today I installed a Mechman 280amp alt. and a D6500 in my 2015 Nissan Titan. What I'm trying to figure out is why I'm only seeing 13.32/13.33 volts at the battery post when running with no Accessories going. My belt is damn near dead center with good tension. I've scratched my head raw on this. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Stephen S.

Went out for a drive a little while ago and I stopped and check it while still running and it was sitting at 14.04/14.02v from the battery post. Played a few songs pretty much at full tilt and was hardly dropping if any. Will test again in the morning.

Stephen S.

4 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Is there some kind of regulator on the truck? 

It has a Active current sensor on the Ground wire which I believe goes to the IPDM relay. Guessing it acts like a ECU relay

Stephen S.

6 hours ago, Stephen Sawyer said:

It has a Active current sensor on the Ground wire which I believe goes to the IPDM relay. Guessing it acts like a ECU relay

Yeah a lot of newer vehicles are switching to this. As long as you are holding good enough voltage I wouldn't worry about it. If you just want to see better numbers all the time then you are gonna need to run a dual setup.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

On 3/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, Kyblack76 said:

My titan would charge just over 13v unloaded at times. Just the way it works. Gas sipper shit. 

And who cares. If you hold when you present a load, then your good. 

It holds steady when driving, occasionally at red lights etc. Itll drop pretty good if I still got the volume cracked but. Once it gets a break between notes of turning it down it'll re coop real quick. Which I'm taking for normal drop since the alt. Isnt always on

Stephen S.

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

What is "drops pretty good" ??

Unless your well below battery rest,... your fine.  A lot of new people, think seeing 13v is scary,... hell, that is over battery rest..ish. Your fine.

Around 12-12.5v if that. Lol nah. I'd be concerned if it started getting close to 10.5  but, not at 13v.

Stephen S.

Archived