New alternator and D6500, 13.32V at batt. Post.

So new question. I popped my hood tonight and swear I could hear a faint hissing sound like, really faint coming from the negative terminal on the battery. It's a brand new battery. I had to damn near put my ear to it.

Stephen S.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, Wishuponasub said:

Yeah a lot of newer vehicles are switching to this. As long as you are holding good enough voltage I wouldn't worry about it. If you just want to see better numbers all the time then you are gonna need to run a dual setup.

Dual setup?

Stephen S.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, Kyblack76 said:

My titan would charge just over 13v unloaded at times. Just the way it works. Gas sipper shit. 

And who cares. If you hold when you present a load, then your good. 

About a minute or two after turning my truck on it drops to 13.23 ish volts and seems to hold there without any load present. You saying yours did about the same? Soon as it turns over I'm at 14.5v+ then it drops shortly after without load present 

Stephen S.

• 11 months later...

My Titan charges at a steady 14.3 while driving. Im pretty much running the same alt and battery as you are.  

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

Archived