200A Singer Alternator finally died after 6 years of abuse

It lasted longer then I had expected. It charges 3x XS Power batteries when I'm driving. Otherwise, the batteries would be charging every night on the C-Tek charger.

I'm just curious, what's  the End of Life for your guys alternator before you had to change it out?

Contacted Mike Singer and these are my options. I'm probably going to go with the highest amperage output one for my 1999 Camry LE V6

I do not require your original alt as a core but i have all of these options that come with a 14.8V internal regulator built in that i setup
to plug into the OEM harness

The larger case also will come with a billet case but i can make it in a cast also if you wanted to save money

I have any of these options in a hairpin style that would bolt in place of the original factory location other then just calling for a shorter belt size for some that may require use of the smaller pulley size.

128.5MM denso hairpin style (6 phase)
MDL                PRICE            IDLE OUTPUT 

180A               $349               150A   (200A peak)
200A               $369               150A   (220A peak)
220A               $429               155A   (240A peak)
250A               $469               160A   (280A peak)
275A               $489               160A   (290A peak)
300A               $529               160A   (320A peak)
320A               $549               160A   (335A peak)

138.5MM denso hairpin style (6 phase) add $99 for billet case option
220A               $499               175+A   (240A peak)
250A               $529               190+A   (270A peak)
270A               $549               200+A   (280A peak)
320A               $649               205+A   (345A peak)
350A               $669               210+A   (365A peak)
370A               $699               220+A   (380A peak)
390A               $729               225+A   (400A peak)

All alternators come with a lifetime warranty on labor
and one year included on components.  powder coat is optional for $48

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

The highest amperage one isnt always the best way to go, if this is for a daily driver you want whatever alt does the most output at idle.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

The highest amperage one isnt always the best way to go, if this is for a daily driver you want whatever alt does the most output at idle.

True. That's what I meant. Looking at his chart though it looks like the " 390A  $729 225+A   (400A peak) "  is what I need (it has the best idle output and rev output).

I"m just waiting for him to get back to me on if I will need any custom brackets made because I don't know how to make custom alt brackets. If it's just a swap and go (and different size serp belt), then I am going to buy the 390A one. In the mean time, I  have no car and will be swapping out my old batteries.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Reinstalled the stock alt until I get my new Singer. Man... that small rubber hose being in the way made it really hard to work with.

Just paid the invoice from Michael Singer for a 390A Alternator + Billet Case for $848.40 shipped.

Might need to upgrade the subs and double up on the DC5K this summer ~_~

Archived