Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Joshdashef

Help choosing new 12s for box already built

My two RF P3D4s are getting pretty stinky when I go heavy on them. I've had them for over a year now and I think its time for an upgrade.

I want to fit a pair of 15s but I don't think I will be able to until I reorganize my whole trunk and get some more power if not double / more electrical. For now I want to just get a new set of 12s that can fit into my current box with about 1.8 cubes per sub (3.6 net cubes total) tuned to 33/34 hz and a mounting depth of about 

For reference ill be powering them off a DC 2k at 1 ohms and using two dual 4 ohm subs to get to that nominal load.

Should I be looking for lower qts subs?

higher power handling (>600 rms and <1000 rms)?

lower fs?

higher sensitivity (db @ 1w/1m)?

higher xmax?

Any input would be great

Cheers

Edited by Joshdashef

My Daily 8th gen Civic Coupe

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/211131-honda-civic-coupe-08-2k-daily-headaches/ (Build Log)

Gear (specifics on build log)

Pioneer 80 PRS / RF P600x4 / DC 2k / Mechman 240 A / XS D3400 + D5100R / Two SA-12(D4) / RF T2 Components / Sky High Wiring (OFC)

~3.6 Cubed Net / 34 Hz Tuned / Center Port

DC Audio makes some nice subs. Been wanting to try their 18's. Level 3 12's would work on your power pretty well. 

Sundown for the win tho lol. I'm sorry but I love Sundown. Haha

Edited by DiBo
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Just now, ToNasty said:

Sundown sa12s should do great in that size enclosure

I know sundowns a little underrated sometimes how much power can those really take?

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/211131-honda-civic-coupe-08-2k-daily-headaches/ (Build Log)

Pioneer 80 PRS / RF P600x4 / DC 2k / Mechman 240 A / XS D3400 + D5100R / Two SA-12(D4) / RF T2 Components / Sky High Wiring (OFC)

Just now, Joshdashef said:

I know sundowns a little underrated sometimes how much power can those really take?

I had 2k RMS going to mine. They handled every bit of it well. Sounded great too. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

3 minutes ago, DiBo said:

I had 2k RMS going to mine. They handled every bit of it well. Sounded great too. 

2k rms each? or for the pair?

I looked at both the SA12s and Level 3 12s. I think its between 6 eggs and a half dozen, so close either would fit my setup.

In saying that, the SA12s are 194 each and the Level 3s are 296 (base model). Since I will eventually be upgrading later I'd rather save the extra 100$ per sub for other upgrades. 

Going with the SA12s

Thanks for yalls comments

7 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I looked at both the SA12s and Level 3 12s. I think its between 6 eggs and a half dozen, so close either would fit my setup.

In saying that, the SA12s are 194 each and the Level 3s are 296 (base model). Since I will eventually be upgrading later I'd rather save the extra 100$ per sub for other upgrades. 

Going with the SA12s

Thanks for yalls comments

The sa12's actually outperformed the level 4's I had. I can't explain it but they did. Sounded better without question too

• Like (+1 Rep) 1