With a Rockford t1500bdcp @ 2ohm said rms is 1626, subs two P3 15's d2 in a sealed 5 cubic net sealed enclosure. With that setup what would be the best gain overlap 0db or maybe -2.5db? Sealed box range is 1.5 to 3.0 cube per I'm at 2.5 per dont wanna really chance over power and kill them. Any help would appreciate.

5 cubic net sealed box? Seems pretty big for those subs

Those P3s call for 1.58 cubes per, so 3.16 cubes, +/- some if you want to have the suspension move easier, but I think 5 cubes might cause them to bottom out especially with over rated power. 

16 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

5 cubic net sealed box? Seems pretty big for those subs

Those P3s call for 1.58 cubes per, so 3.16 cubes, +/- some if you want to have the suspension move easier, but I think 5 cubes might cause them to bottom out especially with over rated power. 

That was what Forrest at Rockford recommend when we called him was 4.5 to 5 cube and I personally told him the t1500bdcp so was he thinking set the gain with 0 overlap I really wish I had asked him.

4 minutes ago, tbeats said:

That was what Forrest at Rockford recommend when we called him was 4.5 to 5 cube and I personally told him the t1500bdcp so was he thinking set the gain with 0 overlap I really wish I had asked him.

He must have had a reason for telling you that, can't say I know why.

Safer side would be the 0 overlap so I would give that a try, and if you don't hear any bottoming out then you could keep it or tune  it with -2.5 overlap and check for any bottoming out once again. 

Edited by Joshdashef

4 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

He must have had a reason for telling you that, can't say I know why.

Safer side would be the 0 overlap so I would give that a try, and if you don't hear any bottoming out then you could keep it or tune  it with -2.5 overlap and check for any bottoming out once again. 

Would you use the subsonic filter on the amp it's fixed 28db 12db slope, everything I see also the smd cc1 manual says 15's dont need sealed but I'm looking at the over power the subs will get would it hurt? Looking to get as deep as possible.

• 2 weeks later...