Second Skin Audio

HELP, QUICK

/b/ro

Remember the Bucket o' Bass series? Its on Steve Meades channel. In the video he uses four DC Audio Level ones. I decided it was a good idea and built the box and used those subs. My box design is dead near-perfect, my amp has plenty of power, and the subs are high quality. My only problem is during the test bump, I blew one of the subs! I don't know how. The subwoofers were NOT reaching anywhere near xmax, even on the extreme lows.  The subs weren't even really being pushed. They were slightly over powered, but I didn't even turn the volume up that far. It was at 9 tonight. I just don't understand what I did wrong. I'm super new to this, but I'm pretty sure I did everything right. Help me! 

Shit I'm using:

QCA4000d: 2000w rms Quantum Audio Amp.

(4) DC Audio Level 1 12s

Homemade enclosure

01' silverado

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, /b/ro said:

Remember the Bucket o' Bass series? Its on Steve Meades channel. In the video he uses four DC Audio Level ones. I decided it was a good idea and built the box and used those subs. My box design is dead near-perfect, my amp has plenty of power, and the subs are high quality. My only problem is during the test bump, I blew one of the subs! I don't know how. The subwoofers were NOT reaching anywhere near xmax, even on the extreme lows.  The subs weren't even really being pushed. They were slightly over powered, but I didn't even turn the volume up that far. It was at 9 tonight. I just don't understand what I did wrong. I'm super new to this, but I'm pretty sure I did everything right. Help me! 

Shit I'm using:

QCA4000d: 2000w rms Quantum Audio Amp.

(4) DC Audio Level 1 12s

Homemade enclosure

01' silverado

Also, the other subwoofers were completely unharmed, the coils on them are absolutely perfect. However this one sub looks like it took all 2000 watts... one coil is still slightly intact but completely black, and the other one is somewhere down inside the motor. Completely and utterly destroyed. Wtf, how the hell? I also used Rockford Fosgate wiring wizard to make sure that the subwoofers were wired up perfectly. 10 gauge wire is plenty right?

Just wondering if you had it all still wired up might have accidentally wired it wrong but seems like you double if not triple checked that 

Just now, Joshdashef said:

Just wondering if you had it all still wired up might have accidentally wired it wrong but seems like you double if not triple checked that 

Yes, most deff. The only thing that I have to say that seems fishy, is that the sub that blue was right next to my terminal. I doubt that has anything to do with it, but Just for future reference.

I don't know if this means anything, but I will say that one time out of curiosity I wired up a few smaller full-range speakers to a single amplifier just to see what it would do. After wiring them all in series parallel, I did notice that the speaker closest to the amplifier moved slightly more. When connected in this fashion, does the speaker closest take more wattage?

Screenshot_20190313-235439_Chrome.jpg

Without seeing your actual setup its pretty hard to diagnose just what exactly went wrong.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

It had already been previously set by a car audio shop here im Memphis. 901 Sounds. I know how to do it but I don't have a distortion detector, so i cant really do it my self.

Archived