Second Skin Audio

HELP, QUICK

/b/ro

Just now, Triticum Agricolam said:

Without seeing your actual setup its pretty hard to diagnose just what exactly went wrong.  

I mean it's 12 now so I can't really put it all back together, but I can show you pictures of the subs/amp that I have, and the box.

Is that of any use?

Post some pics of your boxes terminals tomorrow, I am curious if you shorted something out.

When you played them did all four play just the one that blew played harder? or did only one sub play?

1 minute ago, Joshdashef said:

Post some pics of your boxes terminals tomorrow, I am curious if you shorted something out.

When you played them did all four play just the one that blew played harder? or did only one sub play?

All songs were hitting hard as hell, there's no way that it was only one of those subs. Not only that but I was staring directly at them and all of them were moving evenly. It wasn't just me, me and my dad were both in the truck watching them all and listening to it. It hit hard as hell so there's no way it was only one. I can show you a picture of the Box though. It's not finished it was only used for a test bump.

20190314_000805.jpg

Maybe you got a lemon sub? chasing a tail sucks man.

Any particular sounds you recall when you noticed it was blown?

theres the smallest chance in the world that the sub was wired wrong from the factory. Extremely unlikely. but still a chance it could happen.

Thats the weirdest thing ive ever heard!

Its also possible the amp could have a weird defect that causes DC or broken signal to pass to the subwoofer for some reason.

Side note, I love the color scheme of that amp. Orange with the black and white lettering sick!

Just now, Joshdashef said:

Maybe you got a lemon sub? chasing a tail sucks man.

Any particular sounds you recall when you noticed it was blown?

Me and my dad both were suspecting that. I remember faintly smelling a weird smell, but my dad Vapes all the time. Didn't know if he got a new juice. (Hes trying to quit smoking, hes unironiclly vaping.) And after that smell started getting worse I look back and started hearing a faint rub so I turn down the volume a bunch. After that we both concluded that something was wrong. The very first sub I pulled out (the blown one) had a whole bunch of smoke coming from the motor, and stunk like an electrical fire. I'm just glad that it didn't catch fire and burn down the whole fucking truck.

1 minute ago, Joshdashef said:

Side note, I love the color scheme of that amp. Orange with the black and white lettering sick!

Ikr! It's a badass amp, too bad Quantum no longer exists. 

Archived